Are the players unhappy?

We always talk about administration ineptitude. Let me rattle a few off the top of my head from the last 2 years. Feel free to add to the list.
  1. Not allowing Hastings (suspended) and Doueihi (injured) to travel to a Gold Coast away game
  2. Allowing Luciano Leilua to leave partway through a season and not fulfil his contract
  3. Doueihi's conversation about wanting to play 5/8 or starting in reserve grade being leaked to the media
  4. Brooks potentially being dropped being leaked to the media
  5. Talking about signings in the media
  6. Head of agreements with Josh Addo-Carr (bonus: not offering Nofoaluma or Talau as a swap)
  7. Extending Madge then sacking him less than a year later (bonus: they sacked him the week after a bye round - GENIUS!)
  8. Letting the Cameron Ciraldo non-signing play out in the media (bonus: they released a statement saying they weren't going to sign him)
All correct, good job but unfortunately just scratching the surface I feel....

This year, players should have been charged for their 12 month holiday.
I know the accommodation wasn't that great, the training facilities sub par but you did get to travel, get meals and drinks and were treated like royalty.
Total bill $50k to be deducted from your account, cheers.

They should be, but they won't be. For the great majority of players these days its a job, plain and simple. You work your employer to get the most you can off them and then move on. Club loyalty (both ways I suppose) is long gone - the only people who "love" a club and feel pain and passion are us poor mugs who line up each year paying for memberships or merchandise and game days and receive platitudes and bruises.

Reinforces the prioritization of perception and image over performance
Shld have been all hands on deck to help Noody..he got completely sold out
We've got more coming with Shenji
Shameful that they were all too busy to help out this year.
The damage done reputation wise since the Madge sacking, may extinguish our recruitment opportunities come Nov 1.

Shameful that they were all too busy to help out this year.
The damage done reputation wise since the Madge sacking, may extinguish our recruitment opportunities come Nov 1.
I think Sheens is just waiting to see who clubs might be willing to let go and pounce. There really isn’t much left on the market for 23.

Management and the coaching team at the club have handled things very badly for the last two seasons in terms of player management.

I have no doubt that many of these things have put players offside:

- Signing the Leilua brothers, publicly axing and embarrassing one and then hoping the brother plays well (extremely culturally ignorant of Pasifika culture, there were probably better ways to move Joey on)

- Signing Peachey on good money with 200+ games in a leadership role and never giving him a fair go

- Empty public threats by the chair against popular players like Aloiai who just ended up leaving anyway

- Leaking signings of players or coaches that never end up joining

Managing player egos is such a big part of the modern game. It's like our club is on a different planet to the rest of the NRL clubs.

I think Sheens is just waiting to see who clubs might be willing to let go and pounce. There really isn’t much left on the market for 23.
If he has waited until now in the hope that talent magically becomes available, we are buggered.

If he has waited until now in the hope that talent magically becomes available, we are buggered.
We’ve only signed 3 players from other clubs for next year. Still have 3 spots to fill unless we do end up releasing players elsewhere or do player swaps so got no idea what he’s planning.

We’ve only signed 3 players from other clubs for next year. Still have 3 spots to fill unless we do end up releasing players elsewhere or do player swaps so got no idea what he’s planning.
Its going to be interesting....If we manage to not attract any more external hires, and continue to lose what we have, then our top 30 next year could be an absolute disaster. Plenty of drama ahead.

I think there’ll be a Christmas rush.

Wests are where it’s happening baby, and players will want to be a part of what’s going down here 🤣

Sheens will have a stocking stuffed with new talent by the time the turkey is sliced.

Grab a cracker peeps and pull hard - 2023 is going to go off with a **BANG**

Its going to be interesting....If we manage to not attract any more external hires, and continue to lose what we have, then our top 30 next year could be an absolute disaster. Plenty of drama ahead.
Hopefully they come up with something otherwise 2023 is another bottom 4 season, or 5 with 17 teams now.

Are the Players unhappy - The way they play each week would indicate a YES

Are the Fans unhappy even bigger YES

Gonna be a very long offseason me think

I still think Panthers can go back to back this year

That's all we've done for last 3 years. Moneyball bullshit that some think is genius.
Well like I said there’s only 3 spots left in our 30 for next year and we still don’t know if players will be released so something has to happen but as to what nobody knows.

That's all we've done for last 3 years. Moneyball bullshit that some think is genius.
It has some merit if correctly handled. There’s always a different and better way to approach any problem.
If you hire a business doctor to come in they’ll give you ALL the options then advise you relating to your organisations strengths and weaknesses.
Then its over to you to implement.
The plus is that you have a fresh pair of eyes looking at your problems. And sometimes,that alone can be enough.
That’s why when we undertook a review last year it should have been done by somebody outside the club.
Internal reviews invariably don’t work !

Latest posts

Back