Ashton Simms (Somebody had to start it!)

Born 26 February 1985 (1985-02-26) (age 24)
Height 192 cm (6 ft 4 in)
Weight 109 kg (17 st 2 lb)

Still a young guy, massive unit. Could Sheens be lining him up as a prop?

He's big and strong but consistency has been his biggest problem to date. If he does end up at the Tigers I think he'll improve a bit though. He would certainly add some size and aggression to the forward pack, and at 24, he still has his best football in front of him.

Highly rated as a youngster, I'm not really sure why he hasn't kicked on up north. The move will do good as will playing under Sheens. Looking forward to it eventuating.

wasnt he the player that dropped the ball at the end which cost teh Broncos that heartache loss in the semis last year?

@BigUnit said:
wasnt he the player that dropped the ball at the end which cost teh Broncos that heartache loss in the semis last year?

Yes,that was him.he has done diddly squat since going north,he would have to be reasonably cheap to even look at him,but that is a prerequisite for us anyway.

@851 said:
@BigUnit said:

Yes,that was him.he has done diddly squat since going north,he would have to be reasonably cheap to even look at him,but that is a prerequisite for us anyway.

The fact Bronco's are trying to offload him won't help his chances in trying to get top dollar either

the broncos are a sinking ship…. simple.. they are nothing with out "the coach"

I'm all for it:

1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Mitch Brown

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Tim Moltzen

8\. Keith Galloway
9\. Robbie Farah ©
10\. Bryce Gibbs
11\. Chris Heighington
12\. Gareth Ellis
13\. Danny Galea

14\. Arana Taumata
15\. Todd Payten
16\. Daine Laurie
17\. Ashton Sims

Mataka, Schirnack, Dwyer, Ryan, Skandalis, Daniella, etc provide the depth...

Anyone know where the rumour is coming from?

I don't really see him taking anyone's starting spot, but he might be okay off the bench, and he'll have to play prop even though he's been a backrower most of his career.

@Colonel said:
I'm all for it:

1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Mitch Brown

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Tim Moltzen

8\. Keith Galloway
9\. Robbie Farah ©
10\. Bryce Gibbs
11\. Chris Heighington
12\. Gareth Ellis
13\. Danny Galea

14\. Arana Taumata
15\. Todd Payten
16\. Daine Laurie
17\. Ashton Sims

Mataka, Schirnack, Dwyer, Ryan, Skandalis, Daniella, etc provide the depth...

good team
Geez next year looks to be very promising.Esspecially if we can snare a prop & if its Simms hopefully he can live up to the promise which has been expected of him

I rememeber a few years ago when he was at Saints, he tore us apart.

Glenn

With Gibbs starting to play some good footy up in the front row… Simms would be a great pickup IMO... hopefully he finds the form he left at the dragons though... Big unit... didn't realize he was so big!

@innsaneink said:
Have we signed him?
This thread seems aimless…whats the go?

The rumour…. I heard is that we are in negotiations with him and It's on going....Whether anything comes of it who knows...

Was really strong for Fiji in the world cup if I recall correctly, played with plenty of fire and passion. Broncos use him as more of a backrower these days don't they..

Latest posts

Members online

Back