Ask The Boss Segment

The problem I can see is that one oval gets upgraded first so of course there will be whinging from the other side about it not being “fair”…

LIke,,, Its better to have both grounds terrible so we can continue to struggle with shitty game day experiences for fans and players …
I hope the club can afford 12k ave crowds . They couldn't 20 years ago....

Reactions: BZN
I hope the club can afford 12k ave crowds . They couldn't 20 years ago....
what are they going to be averaging at Parramatta?

50k is a long way for the Cambo fans to travel..is it fair to them?

Anyway I think the Tigers will be fine…compared to 20 years ago

The whole salary cap and more now is funded by the NRL … and looking at the list of sponsorship on the website , they don’t seem to be struggling there either

LO and CSS are better grounds than Commbank? I've heard it all. It's this thinking that is holding the club back and will eventually see us off.

What is better about CommBank? CommBank is another stupid generic stadium. I suppose if you want seats and flashing lights then you're in the right place. But does it have an old manual scoreboard? Trees that move gently in the wind? An old grandstand with links to the early days of league? General admission across one half of the ground? A great atmosphere with 5k fans? Nice parkland surrounding the stadium? Do opposition teams feel uncomfortable and intimidated when playing there?

I can't believe the disrespect for Leichhardt. It's more than half the reasons I'm a fan. The modern world is filled with furious impatience to turn everything into another crap expensive Merivale pub scene with no respect for what's actually precious and unique and interesting about our world.

Leichhardt any day of the week and even in the rain. You should reconsider your criteria for what makes a good home ground.

what are they going to be averaging at Parramatta?

50k is a long way for the Cambo fans to travel..is it fair to them?

Anyway I think the Tigers will be fine…compared to 20 years ago

The whole salary cap and more now is funded by the NRL … and looking at the list of sponsorship on the website , they don’t seem to be struggling there either
We will probably be 'fine' . I would like the club to aim a bit higher though. Fine is mediocre.

What is better about CommBank? CommBank is another stupid generic stadium. I suppose if you want seats and flashing lights then you're in the right place. But does it have an old manual scoreboard? Trees that move gently in the wind? An old grandstand with links to the early days of league? General admission across one half of the ground? A great atmosphere with 5k fans? Nice parkland surrounding the stadium? Do opposition teams feel uncomfortable and intimidated when playing there?

I can't believe the disrespect for Leichhardt. It's more than half the reasons I'm a fan. The modern world is filled with furious impatience to turn everything into another crap expensive Merivale pub scene with no respect for what's actually precious and unique and interesting about our world.

Leichhardt any day of the week and even in the rain. You should reconsider your criteria for what makes a good home ground.
That's great for park footy. Not a national comp. I've never considered gentle moving trees before.

I know you have been a fan for a while for Commbank… I don’t have the solution obviously… I just hate that ground is now and forever the Eels stadium. …if the Tigers went there they would be second class citizens in their own stadium …
I just don't understand the thinking. Anyway they won't be going back there. They've dug themselves in deep though in my opinion. They've lost Campbelltown.

I just don't understand the thinking. Anyway they won't be going back there. They've dug themselves in deep though in my opinion. They've lost Campbelltown.

They need to start winning games … I don’t give a f where they play if it means that happens to be honest… their record at any stadium is appalling of late …

That's great for park footy. Not a national comp. I've never considered gentle moving trees before.
Gallagher, always had such quality opinions. But here I think you're muddled.

Just cause everything is corporate these days doesn't make it right or good. Leichhardt oval is rugby league. It is the best thing about the game for me. As fans I think we need to appreciate the history and tradition of our club and fight to preserve it against the corporate demand for change.

I always take people to Leichhardt for the unique experience. People, no matter their interests love going.

It is a special place for both fans and players. It shouldn't be taken for granted. It is so much more than CommBank.

Gallagher, always had such quality opinions. But here I think you're muddled.

Just cause everything is corporate these days doesn't make it right or good. Leichhardt oval is rugby league. It is the best thing about the game for me. As fans I think we need to appreciate the history and tradition of our club and fight to preserve it against the corporate demand for change.

I always take people to Leichhardt for the unique experience. People, no matter their interests love going.

It is a special place for both fans and players. It shouldn't be taken for granted. It is so much more than CommBank.
I got no problem with you thinking that way. I think the same way about lidcombe oval. But the club needs to move with the times though. It's professional sport with so much competition.

Dear wests tigers.

Please remove the "Ask the boss" segments of youtube.
But surely we get 'the boss' back one more time and let him do his chummy routine again? He could talk about the welcome backpack and stickers he gives new recruits to make them feel welcome.

The worst one was when he and Lee did one right after the cowboys win and spoke glowingly of each other. I don't think they did a follow up episode after the cowboys loss.

Maybe Lee will give Pascoe a job at Brydens running the YouTube segments? A ratings bonanza!

Latest posts

Staff online

Back