Ask The Boss Segment

When Lee speaks on platforms like this he sounds intelligent & well articulated. When he goes on SEN & says things like "well if we scored more points we would've won the game" & "no decision has been made to release Joffa" only to release him that day he sounds like a clown & embarrasses himself & the club. Note to self Lee maybe stop going on SEN & making a fool of yourself.

Also found it interesting how in the past they've tried to claim Pascoe has no say in on field decisions yet Lee openly admitted he's apart of the recruitment & retention committee.... really makes you think doesn't it 🤔🤔
It's because our own podcast is a more controlled format than radio. His answers may not be completely scripted but he is able to know exactly what is coming and think hard about how he should answer them. Some of the questions he did answer with a scripted response but some he just spoke normally.

Also found it interesting how in the past they've tried to claim Pascoe has no say in on field decisions yet Lee openly admitted he's apart of the recruitment & retention committee.... really makes you think doesn't it 🤔🤔
He has to have a say in recruitment and retention, he is the CEO.
He should do none of the grunt work, however managers beneath him cannot go out and spend large sums of capital willy nilly without his approval. His approval would be contingent upon expert advice from his managers such as director of football and the COO as a minimum. He may also present the decisions to the board before approval is signed as well but there is no way any of the organisation's assets are traded or added to without him rubber stamping them first.

I liked him better when he was in the Greek take away.

Mmmmm take away.
I used to know a Greek family who had the fish and chip shop almost opposite the Victoria Road/Monash Rd Gladesville intersection, on the same side as the Sawdust Hotel.
They sold up and bought the Terrigal Fish and Chips shop in the main drag. Top notch food.
The Perivolaris family. I’m sure they would have been tight with Lees family up on the Central Coast.
That, of course, was light years ago.

These things are just embarrassingly bad. None of the participants-including Pascoe-even seem to want to be there!

I used to know a Greek family who had the fish and chip shop almost opposite the Victoria Road/Monash Rd Gladesville intersection, on the same side as the Sawdust Hotel.
They sold up and bought the Terrigal Fish and Chips shop in the main drag. Top notch food.
The Perivolaris family. I’m sure they would have been tight with Lees family up on the Central Coast.
That, of course, was light years ago.
They were the good old days before American burger chains invaded us.

Remember when fish and chips were a cheap affordable meal, but not so much these days. Friday night was a particular big night for it when many families didn't eat meat on Friday for religious reasons.

Remember when fish and chips were a cheap affordable meal, but not so much these days. Friday night was a particular big night for it when many families didn't eat meat on Friday for religious reasons.
Absolutely H, and that shop used to do old fashioned “greasy joes” burgers as well . Great.
We used to alternate every Friday night between fish and chips and burgers. Mums night off cooking.
Ah, I can smell and taste the memories.

He has to have a say in recruitment and retention, he is the CEO.
He should do none of the grunt work, however managers beneath him cannot go out and spend large sums of capital willy nilly without his approval. His approval would be contingent upon expert advice from his managers such as director of football and the COO as a minimum. He may also present the decisions to the board before approval is signed as well but there is no way any of the organisation's assets are traded or added to without him rubber stamping them first.
This is absolutely right. The last thing a club should do is put recruitment exclusively in the hands of the "football men". They almost always overrate old players and players they've worked with before, and they only think about the short term (because they don't expect to be around for long). It's how you end up in the cap hell the Dogs were in a couple of years back: overloaded with horrific back-ended deals given out by Des Hasler because he thought they were close to being premiers. You don't let the money men make decisions on talent but you absolutely have to have them there to say when something is financial suicide.

We used to line up at the fish shop and order, pay, and take a number and then join the queue.
Great memories - Mum free of cooking for the night and us opening up the wrapped newspaper and stealing the chips!

Thought Fulton was good in the latest episode. I like that he actually spoke about specifics of players and that they're keen to move more players on.

Also like Warren as host, got away from 'JP' control and jokes.

Didn't like Pascoe responses to most issues at the club. Basically said that everybody at the club is making decisions for the betterment of the club. He latched onto that idea early and went back to it again and again, like that is reassuring. We all understand that the intention is there, the problem is that over the last 8 years we've gotten progressively worse on the field and embarrassing off it. So no matter the intention, we've continually made terrible decisions.

Also didn't like his response to what would be different about next year where he said that they've always had the approach that it's about playing finals footy and that's the goal again. So basically not able to articulate any sort of change in approach or strategies. Just once again push a new coach out there and hope for the best and when that stops working, start talking to media buddies to get everyone splitting everywhere then distance yourself from him and then stab him in the back and go again with another one.

I would have preferred him to say 'we think we've been doing this wrong, or emphasising this too much or not focused on this' and then explain how we will better approach issues. Show some insight into what's happened and how to improve.

I'm not confident he understands how to make the club successful.

Thought Fulton was good in the latest episode. I like that he actually spoke about specifics of players and that they're keen to move more players on.

Didn't like Pascoe responses to most issues at the club. Basically said that everybody at the club is making decisions for the betterment of the club. He latched onto that idea early and went back to it again and again, like that is reassuring. We all understand that the intention is there, the problem is that over the last 8 years we've gotten progressively worse on the field and embarrassing off it. So no matter the intention, we've continually made terrible decisions.

Also didn't like his response to what would be different about next year where he said that they've always had the approach that it's about playing finals footy and that's the goal again. So basically not able to articulate any sort of change in approach or strategies. Just once again push a new coach out there and hope for the best and when that stops working, start talking to media buddies to get everyone splitting everywhere then distance yourself from him and then stab him in the back and go again with another one.

I would have preferred him to say 'we think we've been doing this wrong, or emphasising this too much or not focused on this' and then explain how we will better approach issues. Show some insight into what's happened and how to improve.

It’s one of my biggest gripes with him.
Zero acknowledgement of what’s going on.
Zero care that people are fed up.
Continually bangs on about any good things that are happening and ignores the rest…to the point he even says he doesn’t hear it, see it or know about it.

“My kids get teased at school sometimes but it doesn’t bother me”

“I don’t read the bad press but I’m going to complain about the negative stories for 10 mins now”

“I have nothing to do with recruitment but I’m still on the same recruitment committee that’s failed for years”

“I’m mates with politicians but we have two sub-standard home grounds”

Smooth operator!!

Fulton seemed like a no nonsense likeable blokes bloke you could have a beer with at the local pub. Fiasco Pascoe as always came across like a budget made for midday TV greasy haired cringy second hand car salesman.

“I’m mates with politicians but we have two sub-standard home grounds”

Smooth operator!!

Top summary of his comments.

I just disagree with the last one about 'substandard' home grounds. I love Leichhardt and Campbelltown as they are, they don't need change. The atmosphere at Leichhardt is better than most grounds and it's more egalitarian than any other ground. Where else do you get a spot on the 50m line for the price of general admission?

CommBank stadium or whatever it's called sucks, with half the stadium cut off for the corporates. Much better as Parra stadium and the govt has built a stadium that's too small for big events and not as good for club games. That's Pascoes vision for our home grounds, make it corporate. There are inconveniences at our home grounds but they're some of the few grounds that are worth going to for a unique and traditional experience of league.

Leave Leichhardt alone!!!

P.s. all that said, the new grandstand behind goals at brooky is actually really well done and enhanced the stadium.

Top summary of his comments.

I just disagree with the last one about 'substandard' home grounds. I love Leichhardt and Campbelltown as they are, they don't need change. The atmosphere at Leichhardt is better than most grounds and it's more egalitarian than any other ground. Where else do you get a spot on the 50m line for the price of general admission?

CommBank stadium or whatever it's called sucks, with half the stadium cut off for the corporates. Much better as Parra stadium and the govt has built a stadium that's too small for big events and not as good for club games. That's Pascoes vision for our home grounds, make it corporate. There are inconveniences at our home grounds but they're some of the few grounds that are worth going to for a unique and traditional experience of league.

Leave Leichhardt alone!!!

P.s. all that said, the new grandstand behind goals at brooky is actually really well done and enhanced the stadium.

The facilities ( toilets) are terrible and no dressing rooms for the NRLW sides at LO…

LO and CSS are better grounds than Commbank? I've heard it all. It's this thinking that is holding the club back and will eventually see us off.

Reactions: BZN
LO and CSS are better grounds than Commbank? I've heard it all. It's this thinking that is holding the club back and will eventually see us off.

The problem I can see is that one oval gets upgraded first so of course there will be whinging from the other side about it not being “fair”…

LIke,,, Its better to have both grounds terrible so we can continue to struggle with shitty game day experiences for fans and players …

Latest posts

Back