Ayshford

Thaiger14

Not just saying this on the back of tonights performance so far but I just don't see what he offers. Slow in attack, rarely passes wide and liability in defence. To think we could've had arana in his place and we let him go…. can't believe it.

what is with all the Ayshford hate? he had 1 bad miss I know that I can see him being a lock in the future and I rate his defence

What is the go with his running style?

He looked horrible when put in the clear by Mckinnon.

I Don't mind him, seems to make a dent in the defence. However he comes up with some really poor things and his pace is ordinary. Not sold on him but willing to give him some more chances.

imo he would make more impact of the bench,hes just the type we need someone who can come on and make plenty of metres

Ayshford should go back to the bench and be our utility. Mostly because when he isn't needed as a back he can play in the forwards. It's pretty obvious really and Sheens is a dimwit for not having implemented it.

I don't think he is a centre but I do like him as a player. Good bench utility option, future lock, and I think could be a decent winger as his dummy half scoots are good and has some decent size and strength. Makes him perfect to be bench utility till he moves permanently to the forwards

I mentioned this in another post (sorry for repeating) I think he struggles when moved to the left side of the field (when Lawrence is at 6) I feel on the right he holds his own. However I agree his future is in the forwards, especially with a couple of off seasons under his belt.

I am a fan just not sure where he fits in at the moment, maybe on the bench leaving Fulton to cover 6,9.

Andrew Johns spoke of Ayshford as a future rep player during last nights call on MMM.

I couldn't believe how slow the lad was, and with the few arm grab tackles he tried he just looked uninterested at long stages in the game. Utility off the bench for mine.

I can't believe Ayshford made the telecrap team of the week :confused:
He was poor last night in defense & is slow but he created a lot of openings putting Tuqiri away a few times
I think it's a bit harsh dropping him but i too would like to see him as a utility & make a transition into the 2nd row
For 2010 for the balance of the side i would still keep him in the centres though

Yeah, I saw his name in the Telegraph team of the week and had a little chuckle…

He hits the line hard and can make metres, but what else does he have? Poor in defence, doesn't have a passing game, not light on his feet like Daniela, not quick like Lawrence, but most of all not dangerous in any way shape or form, even when put in the clear.

It hasn't been one miss last night.
He didn't even get a hand on Bowen when Farah put that nice kick in goal in teh first half.
He also made a terrible rush up against the Dragons that led to a try.
He isn't defending with any confidence.
Would rather him as the 17 and get rid of Fitzy altogether.
Mitch Brown is doing nothing wrong and has to continually fight for game time while Ayshford does what he wants and is picked every week.

Ayshford is big and awkward and different which is why he is a handful for opposition defences. He also runs straight and gains a lot of metres even if not offloading always and he actually settles the attack a bit.He can catch and pass when he needs to which many Tigers have had trouble with in the past. He is a natural footballer and is still improving but when he is fully developed he and Lawrence will offer an awesome combination.

never rated him, he might have a future as a lock but he certainly isnt a center. not fast enough, cant position his winger and reguarly gets caught out in defence.

daniela and brown imo have shown more and akeripa, david and pritchard all deserve a run over him

however he is in the 'in' crowd so effectively has a spot for life

I'm somewhere between the two extremes in this thread. Normally he's pretty solid but he had a Barry Crocker last night, at least in the first half. He just stared at Matt Bowen (I think anyway) after a great Farah kick could have trapped them in goals and seemed mesmerised by Taumata

I think Sheens will persist with him, in the same way he persisted with Ryan and Collis. Ayshford was great last year, came straight into the team when Lawrence was out, in a non-normal position, didn't get injured, and played strongly. I've been disappointed with his consistency this year but feel he will get better - was rookie of the year last year -so best to stick with.

Latest posts

Back