Ball Handling

stryker

I was very surprised on Friday night at the high level of ball control that the boys played with.

Over the past month the ball handling of the team has been excruciatingly bad. In fact I blame it more than the fact that we have had a lot of injuries or the Sheens keeps stuffing up the bench as to why we have been losing.

So my question is why do you think we were so good in this area on a miserable, wet track ( traditionally our nemesis ), when we have been so bad on clean dry grounds?

I am happy about this by the way :slight_smile:

:laughing: Phew ….I was worried when I saw the title thread and OP...

Yeah ...they controlled the ball well in those conditions....Sorta makes you wonder why it been so atrocious the past couple of weeks....

i put it more on the pshycollogical ( dont think i spelt it right ) of the boys… they came out and wanted to win.... they played with heart.... they knew they wont playing for the 2 points... but for us fans & for the pride and honour that comes with wearing the wests tigers jersey...

maybe they been training with those gloves that were on footy show which trains u to grasp ball with finger tips :astonished:?

@Geo. said:
:laughing: Phew ….I was worried when I saw the title thread and OP...

Haha you have a dirty mind Geo! :laughing:

We had a good completion rate considering the conditions. When we have a good completion rate and defend well we normally win.

The intent and desire looked to be back, but the ball control in those conditions was excellent. 82% completion rate in the wet. Hopefully that was the start of the Tigers fighting their way out of this mid-season slump and they will continue to hold the ball and improve their execution over the next few weeks.

They played the conditions, they played tight, they played wet weather footy which is more conducive to completing sets

Our normal game is high risk, high ball movement which when not on song can be error ridden

Back