Balmain Leagues Club

diedpretty

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tigers-to-exist-in-name-only-as-wests-close-in-on-balmain-takeover-20190828-p52lo9.html?btis&fbclid=IwAR0630E14W4IpkuOf7z2p7dG-Wl8989NOcl2_135iJcblb3E3ZTg3feB9gQ

Interesting article by Roy Masters. Haven't put this up to start the ususal us vs them argument. What is interesting is that members of both Balmain Leagues and Wests Ashfield will be voting on Wests Ashfield proposal to take over all Balmains assets and debt with the possibility of redeveloping Balmain Leagues as Wests Tigers Leagues Club. Balmain juniors will be funded for at least the next 5 years and Flemington premises will be maintained. The other interesting point in Roy's article is that Wests Ashfield will increase their ownership of Wests Tigers to 90%.

@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:

Why? It is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

Balmain is dead without this so I don't see your point!

Vote no.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
Vote no.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.

@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054836) said:
Vote no.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.

So what are Balmain's options without this, they are in administration?

@cochise said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054837) said:
Vote no.

Exactly

And it's sure to give Balmains juniors a future with Wests Tigers rather than seeing it die off and the locals going to other junior leagues

Balmain is better off with 10% of something, than 100% of nothing.

Vote yes, and formally become one club.

@tiger05premier said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054838) said:
Vote no.

Exactly

And it's sure to give Balmains juniors a future with Wests Tigers rather than seeing it die off and the locals going to other junior leagues

It's guaranteed for 5 years.
Have you seen how big clubs work?
After the initial promise it's see ya later.

@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054845) said:
@tiger05premier said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054838) said:
Vote no.

Exactly

It's guaranteed for 5 years.
Have you seen how big clubs work?
After the initial promise it's see ya later.

The Balmain junior nursery is fairly strong

They would be mad to give up something that's in their district just for the sake of it

It would have the potential to become stronger with Wests Ashfield behind it and a new COE down the road at Concord

Vote no.

The only thing which is dying is a leagues club. Which will be replaced with a re-branded one in the future.

Balmain Tigers Football club will keep existing and operating.
Balmain Leagues Club will cease to exist.

In the end, who cares who owns the leagues club?

@oldprop said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054847) said:
As a member of Balmain Leagues Club I will be supporting this proposal.

Same here.

@WT2K
Its a NO BRAINER if Wests Leagues wanted to dump
Balmain it would have all ready happened as it was said before 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing lets get it on.

Couldn't care less about the leagues club. Balmain Tigers football club and juniors will be preserved.

There is no white knight if Ashfield don't take over. As Abe said, 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

It will also help to finally have one owner of the club. The Balmain and Wests jostling over the years has set the club back IMO.

Back