Balmain Leagues Club

diedpretty

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
5,540
Location
port macquarie
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tigers-to-exist-in-name-only-as-wests-close-in-on-balmain-takeover-20190828-p52lo9.html?btis&fbclid=IwAR0630E14W4IpkuOf7z2p7dG-Wl8989NOcl2_135iJcblb3E3ZTg3feB9gQ


Interesting article by Roy Masters. Haven't put this up to start the ususal us vs them argument. What is interesting is that members of both Balmain Leagues and Wests Ashfield will be voting on Wests Ashfield proposal to take over all Balmains assets and debt with the possibility of redeveloping Balmain Leagues as Wests Tigers Leagues Club. Balmain juniors will be funded for at least the next 5 years and Flemington premises will be maintained. The other interesting point in Roy's article is that Wests Ashfield will increase their ownership of Wests Tigers to 90%.
 

diedpretty

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
5,540
Location
port macquarie
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:

Why? It is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.
 

cktiger

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
5,407
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.
 

cochise

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
16,027
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

Balmain is dead without this so I don't see your point!
 

diedpretty

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
5,540
Location
port macquarie
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.
 

cktiger

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
5,407
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.
 

cochise

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
16,027
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054836) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.

So what are Balmain's options without this, they are in administration?
 

tiger05premier

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
2,234
Location
Newcastle
@cochise said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054837) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054836) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.

So what are Balmain's options without this, they are in administration?

Exactly

And it's sure to give Balmains juniors a future with Wests Tigers rather than seeing it die off and the locals going to other junior leagues
 

Abraham

New member
Joined
Mar 25, 2013
Messages
1,507
Balmain is better off with 10% of something, than 100% of nothing.

Vote yes, and formally become one club.
 

cktiger

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
5,407
@tiger05premier said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054838) said:
@cochise said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054837) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054836) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.

So what are Balmain's options without this, they are in administration?

Exactly

And it's sure to give Balmains juniors a future with Wests Tigers rather than seeing it die off and the locals going to other junior leagues

It's guaranteed for 5 years.
Have you seen how big clubs work?
After the initial promise it's see ya later.
 

tiger05premier

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
2,234
Location
Newcastle
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054845) said:
@tiger05premier said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054838) said:
@cochise said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054837) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054836) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054834) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

I wouldn't trust Darcy Byrnes either however he has been imploring Wests Ashfield to get on board and doing something with the Rozelle site. Guess we will see his true colours if this goes ahead.

Byrne has been telling everyone it's all going to be hunky dory for years on end.
A WestsTigers Leagues Club is not a Balmain Leagues Club.

So what are Balmain's options without this, they are in administration?

Exactly

And it's sure to give Balmains juniors a future with Wests Tigers rather than seeing it die off and the locals going to other junior leagues

It's guaranteed for 5 years.
Have you seen how big clubs work?
After the initial promise it's see ya later.

The Balmain junior nursery is fairly strong

They would be mad to give up something that's in their district just for the sake of it

It would have the potential to become stronger with Wests Ashfield behind it and a new COE down the road at Concord
 

balmain boy

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
6,870
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054832) said:
@diedpretty said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054831) said:
@cktiger said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054829) said:
Vote no.

**Why? I**t is only advancing the inevitable and would be a good outcome for Balmain Juniors and the development of a standalone Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

You're dead a long time ... plus I don't trust Darcy Byrnes involvement.

The only thing which is dying is a leagues club. Which will be replaced with a re-branded one in the future.

Balmain Tigers Football club will keep existing and operating.
Balmain Leagues Club will cease to exist.

In the end, who cares who owns the leagues club?
 

WT2K

Well-known member
Joined
May 4, 2017
Messages
16,014
@oldprop said in [Balmain Leagues Club](/post/1054847) said:
As a member of Balmain Leagues Club I will be supporting this proposal.

Same here.
 

Elderslie_Tiger

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
3,940
@WT2K
Its a NO BRAINER if Wests Leagues wanted to dump
Balmain it would have all ready happened as it was said before 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing lets get it on.
 

Cultured_Bogan

Well-known member
Forum Leader
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
26,670
Location
Blue Mountains
Couldn't care less about the leagues club. Balmain Tigers football club and juniors will be preserved.

There is no white knight if Ashfield don't take over. As Abe said, 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

It will also help to finally have one owner of the club. The Balmain and Wests jostling over the years has set the club back IMO.
 

Members online

Top