Balmain Tigers Face Voluntary Administration

The difference between the situation between the demise of the Northern Eagles, and any potential repeat of it with the Magpies taking their name back is the fact that it had only been 2 yrs when Manly reverted back to their original name, for WT's and the Magpies, its been 15 yrs, big difference. Big difference in the fact that the WT's brand is recognized by an entirely new generation of supporters who don't have a clue who the Magpies are, or care. It won't ever happen nor should it.

The only ones who believe it will are the dinosaurs who rock up to RMC games in their 30 yr old Victa jerseys believing its still 1978.

@GNR4LIFE said:
The difference between the situation between the demise of the Northern Eagles, and any potential repeat of it with the Magpies taking their name back is the fact that it had only been 2 yrs when Manly reverted back to their original name, for WT's and the Magpies, its been 15 yrs, big difference. Big difference in the fact that the WT's brand is recognized by an entirely new generation of supporters who don't have a clue who the Magpies are, or care. It won't ever happen nor should it.

The only ones who believe it will are the dinosaurs who rock up to RMC games in their 30 yr old Victa jerseys believing its still 1978.

That describes why the Magpies would keep the Tigers alive (in branding). The legalities might entitle them with the option to bring back the Magpies.

It just doesn't make sense after so long. If it was 2002, maybe even 2005, that would make sense, but not in 2015, 16 or 17\. Ashfield have themselves said their intention to support the WT's, so its a non issue really. The only people grasping onto it are the ones that have never, and never will accept the JV.

It's been said on here 100 times previously, the difference between us and the Northern Eagles is that the NRL licence belongs to the Wests Tigers, and not the magpies.

Whereas Manly owned the NRL license for the Northern Eagles, which entitled them to revert back to the Manly branding.

So even if Ashfield wanted to revert to Magpies branding, the NRL wouldn't allow them as their is no Western Suburbs license.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Said it a billion times. WT is here to stay.

Ashfield will take first shot of Balmain's share in WT and buy some privileges with it but the WT brand is here to STAY

The only good thing for me out of this is at least we won"t have modern non dinosaurs calling the club Balmain or the Balmain team. Plenty of those out there.

I repeat again on here can"t help but wonder had Wests Magpies folded if that side would have been afforded the same retention of identity.

As for me I"m one of those who wears my Victa jersey to games. Along with other WT gear but not the black and gold scarfs haha.

The Magpies were the only reason I followed RL with a passion and now the WT. The NRL is lucky to still count me as a fan for their biz after all the crap I had to go through to support my club.

@hobbo2803 said:
I couldn't care less who owns the club as long as we're called Wests Tigers .

I be said this before and I'll say it again ….,
Where is my Wests Tigers leagues club ???

That would be a great idea. Would love to see that happen.

Would be a smart move for Ashfield to rename the club Wests Tigers Ashfield.

I heard a whisper a few years ago they wanted to do this but seems like it got blocked.

Ashfield came out and said they had no intention of rebranding to Wests Tigers and that they were very happy to stay as they are. And their members seemingly were very supportive of this.

Most of their members wouldn't have a clue what a rugby league is though.

@Magpie Magic said:
**The only good thing for me out of this is at least we won"t have modern non dinosaurs calling the club Balmain or the Balmain team. Plenty of those out there.**

I repeat again on here can"t help but wonder had Wests Magpies folded if that side would have been afforded the same retention of identity.

As for me I"m one of those who wears my Victa jersey to games. Along with other WT gear but not the black and gold scarfs haha.

The Magpies were the only reason I followed RL with a passion and now the WT. The NRL is lucky to still count me as a fan for their biz after all the crap I had to go through to support my club.

Wrong - it happened more in the past week than it has happened in the previous 12 months - aholes like Mason just trying to stir up trouble. That dope Fletcher, Buzz Slothfield and even Souths only showing footage of Balmain at the pre game launch. And where was WT managements response to all these slip ups - non existent as usual. Unite, Commit, Achieve my ass.

No one can expect Ashfield to try and bail Balmain out in these economic times

Far too many cons and very few pros

I wonder what would have happened if we sold the Rozelle site to Triguboff instead of Elias..

@Sabre said:
I wonder what would have happened if we sold the Rozelle site to Triguboff instead of Elias..

I'd say we wouldn't (Balmain) would be in the mess we're in now ?

@AmericanHistoryX said:
they cant let go of the past - thats why no Wests Tigers Leagues Club

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

I'm been long out of the loop but the last i heard the new Leagues Club at Rozelle was going to be called "Wests Tigers Balmain Leagues Club" or just "Wests Tigers Balmain" .

Back