Beau Ryan

Sabre

Does anybody else think he might be getting a bit nervous about his spot in the team for next year?

Absolutely! He hasn't set the world on fire this season so he should be. At the same time though he should be in the mix as his form has still been solid.

If he is in the side next season for any reason other than a massive injury crisis then I will be about ready to chuck in the towel.

@Zaibatsu said:
If he is in the side next season for any reason other than a massive injury crisis then I will be about ready to chuck in the towel.

Even with an injury crisis i hope he would be at least 5th or 6th choice

By the way this new look forum came along at the right time didn't it Zaibatsu :wink:

@tigerdre said:
@Zaibatsu said:

Even with an injury crisis i hope he would be at least 5th or 6th choice

By the way this new look forum came along at the right time didn't it Zaibatsu :wink:

Haha yeah it certainly did :slight_smile: Its a huge improvement over the old software as well!

Your right about Ryan though, he wouldn't be in my top 6 wingers next season either.

Id even prefer to shift Lawrence back to the wing and promote a young centre before I'd bring Ryan back…

@hybrid_tiger said:
I don't think Ryan is a terrible player, he's solid but thats about it.

Good depth player, wouldn't be in my first choice side.

Have to agree…he is really only a depth player.

Doesn't really bring the ball back with any gusto and always craps sideways...... :imp: :imp: :imp:

I feel there are better options, but he seems to be one of the chosen few....

He's generally safe and reliable but that's about it, and the reason why we've gone for a couple of outside backs in Tupou and Daniela. Ryan lacks strikepower whereas while Tupou, albeit recovering from a knee recon, if fit is one of the most damaging runners in the game and Daniela has genuine speed, which Ryan does not. Both players have mistakes in them, but I think they can both become better footballers at the Tigers, and if we get the half and 5/8 situation working well, then the Tigers outside backs can carve any team up.

@Liddy said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

Doesn't really bring the ball back with any gusto **and always craps sideways**…... :imp: :imp: :imp:

?

Mean crabs sideways?

I like Beau Ryan, he is a good solid player…..but, he does lack speed and power in his runs. I think he will be an adequate back up to our frontlining wingers next year.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
he's not big, black or powerful. yes,he should be a tad bit nervous. But i think he'll see out 2009 on the wing.

What's black got to do with it?

If Ryan's anywhere near the first grade side next season I'll be spewing! He's the worst winger in the NRL by miles, he offers nothing

@Iron Tiger said:
@Liddy said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

Doesn't really bring the ball back with any gusto **and always craps sideways**…... :imp: :imp: :imp:

?

Mean crabs sideways?

Always tries to beat players by going sideways across the field, rather than taking it straight back, ala, Karmichael Hunt….... :wink: :wink: :wink:

@Liddy said:
@Iron Tiger said:
@Liddy said:

?

Mean crabs sideways?

Always tries to beat players by going sideways across the field, rather than taking it straight back, ala, Karmichael Hunt….... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I know what you ment. I was just laughing at a funny typo in that sentence. At least i think it's a typo. :confused:

His positional play in attack is sound, but other than that I don't really understand why he is still in the side now, let alone next year when we've bought one player who is much stronger and another who is much faster.

He doesnt make alot of errors and knows he doesnt have the same flair or x factor that others like a Lawrence or a Marshall has which has led him to become a fairly consistant player who never sets the world on fire.Much like a John Morris i believe.Certainly cant knock his commitment to the team.

@Iron Tiger said:
Does anybody else think he might be getting a bit nervous about his spot in the team for next year?

How about this for a scenario…...Fitzy comes back & we have 2 useless wingers. :unamused:

I see a lot more in his game than all of you guys.

I must have dreamt the two tries he has set up this year out of absolutely nothing.

Not bad for a safe and reliable winger.

@simonthetiger said:
I see a lot more in his game than all of you guys.

I must have dreamt the two tries he has set up this year out of absolutely nothing.

Not bad for a safe and reliable winger.

I think he is a bit more than just safe and reliable too Simon. He is fit, doesn't shirk work, strong for his size and league smart in most instances.

[
Mean crabs sideways?

I know what you ment. I was just laughing at a funny typo in that sentence. At least i think it's a typo. :confused:

He he…..just noticed it.....bit like Nate Miles..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back