Ben Barba

I think the biggest point out of tonights game is Blake Green has shown more in this game than Ennis has all season

question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

Pretty sure it can hit any part of the body as long as you are deliberately attempting a charge down.

@ron burgandy said:

Never heard of anything about shoulder height before re charge downs

@ron burgandy said:

That was most definately the rule years ago, im not sure if its still the same

@ron burgandy said:

No wrong…It was a charge down....no knock on..

he is what Benji was like in 04/05 when he first came on the scene.

@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:

unless they have changed the rule im not wrong….other wise any kick can be knocked down without reprecussions.

say you kick a ball knee high and i stick my hand out to stop it and it goes forward that isnt a knock on? because there has been several of those over the last 2 seasons that have been deemed knock ons

Barba has been extremely impressive over the past couple of weeks and really reminds me of Benji in his early years. Can pull a try out of nothing, definately see him as a future origin player.

im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke

@ron burgandy said:
@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:

unless they have changed the rule im not wrong….other wise any kick can be knocked down without reprecussions.

say you kick a ball knee high and i stick my hand out to stop it and it goes forward that isnt a knock on? because there has been several of those over the last 2 seasons that have been deemed knock ons

The example you have given is not really a charge down though…I consider a charge down to be when the defending player makes an attempt to pressure the kicker and 'charges down' the kick. Your example is simply a player standing back in the defensive line, not pressuring the kicker, but instead making a reflex reaction and knocking down the ball because it is heading in their direction.

@Balmain Tiger said:
im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..**he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke**

Are you talking about Ben Barba or Jarryd Hayne? :laughing:

@djm619 said:
@Balmain Tiger said:
im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..**he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke**

Are you talking about Ben Barba or Jarryd Hayne? :laughing:

works for both!

@ron burgandy said:
@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:

I believe the ball just has to be on the way up. It's height is irrelevant

Latest posts

Back