Ben Barba

system

New member
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Messages
11,941
I think the biggest point out of tonights game is Blake Green has shown more in this game than Ennis has all season
 

ron_burgandy

New member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
1,769
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....
 

TIGER

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
5,113
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

Pretty sure it can hit any part of the body as long as you are deliberately attempting a charge down.
 

innsaneink

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
38,005
Location
...ahead of you....
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

Never heard of anything about shoulder height before re charge downs
 

king_sirro

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
6,126
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

That was most definately the rule years ago, im not sure if its still the same
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,712
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

No wrong…It was a charge down....no knock on..
 

ron_burgandy

New member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
1,769
@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

No wrong…It was a charge down....no knock on..

unless they have changed the rule im not wrong….other wise any kick can be knocked down without reprecussions.

say you kick a ball knee high and i stick my hand out to stop it and it goes forward that isnt a knock on? because there has been several of those over the last 2 seasons that have been deemed knock ons
 

benjibrotown

New member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,059
Barba has been extremely impressive over the past couple of weeks and really reminds me of Benji in his early years. Can pull a try out of nothing, definately see him as a future origin player.
 

Balmain_Tiger

New member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
1,352
Location
Inner West
im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke
 

Centaur

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,594
@ron burgandy said:
@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

No wrong…It was a charge down....no knock on..

unless they have changed the rule im not wrong….other wise any kick can be knocked down without reprecussions.

say you kick a ball knee high and i stick my hand out to stop it and it goes forward that isnt a knock on? because there has been several of those over the last 2 seasons that have been deemed knock ons

The example you have given is not really a charge down though…I consider a charge down to be when the defending player makes an attempt to pressure the kicker and 'charges down' the kick. Your example is simply a player standing back in the defensive line, not pressuring the kicker, but instead making a reflex reaction and knocking down the ball because it is heading in their direction.
 

RatedRKO

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,261
@Balmain Tiger said:
im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..**he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke**

Are you talking about Ben Barba or Jarryd Hayne? :laughing:
 

Balmain_Tiger

New member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
1,352
Location
Inner West
@djm619 said:
@Balmain Tiger said:
im still quite unsure what it is that has made barba so great..**he is playing average but the fact he has an aura makes players not want to touch him! what a joke**

Are you talking about Ben Barba or Jarryd Hayne? :laughing:

works for both!
 

The_Trout

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
6
@ron burgandy said:
@Geo. said:
@ron burgandy said:
question regarding the charge down…now my understanding is that its only a charge down if the ball is above shoulder height..anything lower is considered a knock on....barbas "charge down" was just above waist high so it should of been deemed a knock on right....

No wrong…It was a charge down....no knock on..

unless they have changed the rule im not wrong….other wise any kick can be knocked down without reprecussions.

say you kick a ball knee high and i stick my hand out to stop it and it goes forward that isnt a knock on? because there has been several of those over the last 2 seasons that have been deemed knock ons

I believe the ball just has to be on the way up. It's height is irrelevant
 
Top