Ben Teo

TigerOnFyah

THE playing future of off-contract Brisbane star Ben Te'o has become more clouded after the Broncos were last night ordered to immediately cease negotiations with his suspended manager.

In a landmark move, the NRL yesterday confirmed its player-agent accreditation body had suspended three of the code's most powerful managers - George Mimis, Isaac Moses and David Riolo - for six months for their alleged involvement in the Melbourne salary-cap scandal in 2010.

The trio's ban expires on November 1, but the sanction has more immediate implications as several off-contract NRL top-liners - including Te'o, Danny Buderus, Anthony Minichiello and Brett Stewart - attempt to broker new deals without their nominated agents.

Rugby League Accredited Player Agent Scheme (RLAPAS) operations manager Neil Cadigan yesterday formally notified the NRL's 16 clubs of the suspension that prevents Mimis, Moses and Riolo operating for the rest of the season.

"Isaac Moses cannot conduct any negotiations as the player's agent," Cadigan said last night.

Mimis, of SFX Sports, and Riolo and Moses, of Titan Management, represent two of the code's most influential management firms, having more than 140 NRL players collectively in their stables.

The Broncos have been in delicate negotiations with Moses. But with the leading agent banned, Te'o must now continue the talks himself or engage the representation of another NRL-accredited manager from Titan.

Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee said last night he hoped the suspension of Moses would not impede the club's attempt to retain Te'o, who has interest from Sydney-based NRL rivals.

"If I can't deal with Isaac Moses, I'll talk to Ben and act on his advice," Gee said.

"He will indicate to me whether he wants to deal with me directly or use someone else.

"It's unprecedented, we don't know where we stand at the moment.

"They (the RLAPAS) have to understand it's not just one player, it's a lot of players in our game affected by this.

"We want to keep Ben and he wants to stay here, so I'm hopeful we can work something out.

"You can never say never, but I'd like to think Ben will stay."

Te'o is no stranger to representing himself. Four years ago, he sacked his former manager, but found negotiating with NRL chief executives so onerous he enlisted the help of Moses.

Just a fortnight ago, Te'o admitted he never again wanted to worry about contract talks.

"It was pretty stressful," he said. "I'm just focused on football … the boys ask me what's going on but I don't really know because I've left all the talks to my manager."

Moses and Riolo released a statement yesterday saying they are exploring their legal options.

"We deny any wrongdoing and are determined to do all that we can to demonstrate our innocence," the statement said.

"We regard the procedure followed by the Committee as seriously and fundamentally flawed - the Committee did not conduct an independent investigation into the allegations against us, did not provide any reasons for its decision and refused to provide us with copies of documents that it had relied on to reach its decision.

"These factors, amongst others, amount to a denial of procedural fairness. We intend to exercise all our rights in that regard."

Mimis, who manages retired Broncos legend Darren Lockyer, also vowed to fight the suspension.

"I strongly maintain my innocence in this matter," he said.

"The Committee's decision is, personally, a heavy disappointment.

"I intend to take all steps open to me to have the decision set aside."
\
\
\
**EXTRA NEWS FROM TIGERONFYAH**

Suck rats ass you dog, thats what you get for leaving us and puling bit hits on us

Well some advice Broncos …....

If he does sign with another club , drop him to the bench for your feeder team Will suddenly forget how to tackle or be on any use in general

would be ironic to see him play park footy.
constantly get high shoulder charge shots on him.
then watch him whinge about it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back