Benji Marshall #70

Good players make good coaches mate. Fix recruiting and you win. Footy is not a complicated game.
I’d like you to explain the difference between the Warriors in 22 to the Warriors in 23 if coaching had nothing to do with that change.
The one main difference I will accept as a contributing factor was the health of Tohu Harris.
However come 23 preseason with a couple of old heads replacing young ones and they look remarkably different.
The difference I saw is they looked well drilled, strong and organised and connected.
Was that not a difference between Nathan Brown and Andrew Webster as coach?

I’d like you to explain the difference between the Warriors in 22 to the Warriors in 23 if coaching had nothing to do with that change.
The one main difference I will accept as a contributing factor was the health of Tohu Harris.
However come 23 preseason with a couple of old heads replacing young ones and they look remarkably different.
The difference I saw is they looked well drilled, strong and organised and connected.
@BAGNF05 to add to the above.
Webster was recruited to the Warriors after all the roster changes for 23 season had already been completed.
But regardless if those roster changes didn’t occur you can’t tell me that the 22 squad couldn’t put together a strong roster with Walsh and Katoa for instance having break out years at new clubs in 23.

Webster can coach, no doubt about that. When we played them in the trial last year you could see they were a very well coached team, and I showed later in the year.
I remember that trial and also remember stating that it was a good indicator of how the season would progress.... i.e. they looked well improved, drilled and determined and we looked like a rabble of incompetence, with practically no depth.
The usual suspects came for me screeching "it's only a trial"!
They soon shut their mouths lol.

I remember that trial and also remember stating that it was a good indicator of how the season would progress.... i.e. they looked well improved, drilled and determined and we looked like a rabble of incompetence, with practically no depth.
The usual suspects came for me screeching "it's only a trial"!
They soon shut their mouths lol.
Be interesting to see his response

Nathan Brown is the worst coach in the world. Even though he didn’t coach us, I was all for enjoying a nice strawberry thick shake when I found out he was canned.

Webster can coach, no doubt about that. When we played them in the trial last year you could see they were a very well coached team, and I showed later in the year.
I remember reading that the week he signed he reached out to Shaun Johnston and they had some deep discussions. Webster made sure the key cog in the wheel was working with him and not against him. It certainly showed and the rub off was amazing, they were great to watch last season.

Nathan Brown is the worst coach in the world. Even though he didn’t coach us, I was all for enjoying a nice strawberry thick shake when I found out he was canned.
Yet still finds a job.
Either way aren’t you confirming my point?

I remember reading that the week he signed he reached out to Shaun Johnston and they had some deep discussions. Webster made sure the key cog in the wheel was working with him and not against him. It certainly showed and the rub off was amazing, they were great to watch last season.
Watching an interview from RTS and Monty Betham. They go on to discuss how he came back to the warriors with options of continuing in rugby overseas on a large contract.
RTS said initially he was done with league and was happy with heading over seas to make some cash to set up his family.
He took the interview offer out of respect.
When he turned up, he was shown a full blown presentation that Webster prepared about how he could improve the team and why they were interested in signing him.

lol is this death riding so people can say I told you so in round 12 ? What’s the point in following this team if you’re slitting your wrists before a ball is kicked . If Benji was a shit coach , the whole nrl would already know , and no way luai , Olam , and api renews .
These guys are all friends. They all talk . And they all know the truth . It’s why no one wanted to come here when Madge was head coach . Despite a lot of blokes liking the cut of his jib . It doesn’t resonate . Same for sheens , which has been mentioned to be kept this year . The players were whinging , which is why all the talk was last year . Even if he had all the right ideas , he couldn’t resonate , so it was all falling on deaf ears .
The Benji talk around the league is positive , and the guys have had a whole pre-season to make an opinion . That’s ample time to work out if he’s shit or not . Or if he’s a dickhead .
The proof will of course be in the pudding , but just relax with all this talk . The roller coaster ride some of you go through mentally is hard to watch . It’s January . Relax
Go the January premiers!
They look fit, they look hungry, Benji is going great, look at the arms on some of them….

I just wanted to make a post, I have alot of emotions going through. As a kid I used to go watch Magpies games with my dad and I liked it but it wasn't exciting. I then followed Wests Tigers. Same deal. But it was when this guy came in, Benji, he was like Jordan to me. He made my love for the whole game go up so much. I have so much love for him. Like Jordan, he took a team considered constant duds and they got a premiership. He is extremely likeable to me. He was a breath of fresh air. It's hard to know he is going, and i wonder if I will ever like a player so much again, its hard to imagine.

I LOVE YOU BENJI!!!!!!!!!!
Winners are grinners. Hopefully we win more than 4 in 24.

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Members online

Back