Benji Marshall and his silly PowerBalance bands

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
…for wearing that pseudo-science Power Balance band.

Do yourself a favour Benj and take it off before your "natural body frequency" shatters your "Chi crystal hologram field"

$60, what a con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0Gb9EgkHA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Combined GLOBAL scientific evidence that SUPPORTS the Power Balance bands: **NONE**

Australian Medical Association: _"it's has no scientific backing what so ever"_

A little bit of me dies each time I see Benji wearing that thing. :cry:

As long as he feels it does something that's okay for me. He can wear special electrical tape bless by a Rabbi if it makes it gives him a psychological boost and makes him play better.

I understand your frustrations at the pseudo science of it all though…

I would hazard a guess that he is getting some $$ for wearing it. The fact they are not a club sponsor makes it cap exempt

@smeghead said:
I would hazard a guess that he is getting some $$ for wearing it. The fact they are not a club sponsor makes it cap exempt

We've all seen the ads at the game promoting Benji wearing it, they're certainly giving him something in return for the exposure.

The thing is uneducated people see him wearing it and go out and buy it.

"Benji Marshall wears it, so it must work!"

meanwhile those two dudes get millions for selling a plastic wristband with a printed credit card hologram on it

@smeghead said:

but it's a lie, fraud, a scam!

if scientific evidence was able to be used in court as indisputable evidence, they would be in gaol!

Yeah but wearing it is like eating lead paint. If you do it you deserve whats coming to you.

But yes the two flim flam men importing these things are people that the various Departments of Fair Trading should investigate but never will

It would depend on what claims they are making. If they say it will make you play better, it might be hard to disprove even if it is a placebo!

Mind over Matter for Benji .If he thinks its working for him then dont show this thread to him..

Why couldnt you guys start with this after the finals.?? Hope the truth doesnt get out..
Ah well , its a fashion statement to say the least .I was going to get one for the cricket season and see if i can bat like Bradman .. Who said it was meant to do anything anyway ?? :laughing:
And NRL was going to investigate it .. what a bunch of dumb bums ..

And scam you guys are saying …. Couple of Nigerian blokes importing it??

I have seen Paul Gallen reffered to as "The Don Bradman of League"

it works if you beleive it works.. simple really… plus the brand sponsors the club..

KUL if this is the worst thing to whinge about, its a good day... honestly mate, its a bloody band... why does it bother you if he wears it...

@T-REXX said:
it works if you beleive it works.. simple really… plus the brand sponsors the club..

KUL if this is the worst thing to whinge about, its a good day... honestly mate, its a bloody band... why does it bother you if he wears it...

I think he's more concerned with a whole bunch of kids who love Benji getting their folks to fork over serious cash for a worthless piece of plastic… And if he is like me he deplores the pseudo science behind it.

i wear 1… i think it works... but thats me, maybe its all in my head.. who cares.. just a band.

I know! I also get frustrated when I hear about players praying to some old beardy guy in the sky. Totally unscientific and should be banned.

On a tangent, do those funny looking things player wear on their hammys work?

@Masterton said:
I know! I also get frustrated when I hear about players praying to some old beardy guy in the sky. Totally unscientific and should be banned.

so praying to god should be banned ?

@KingOvKingz09 said:
i wear 1… i think it works... but thats me, maybe its all in my head.. who cares.. just a band.

It's probably just power of the mind, my young apprentice. You can use alot of things for that. BUT $60! :eek:pen_mouth:

@Yossarian said:
@T-REXX said:

I think he's more concerned with a whole bunch of kids who love Benji getting their folks to fork over serious cash for a worthless piece of plastic… And if he is like me he deplores the pseudo science behind it.

so who is the dumber of the two? Benji for wearing it, or the parents for actually buying the item.. People can think for them selves specially parents..

and If the parents want to buy them one and they think it doesnt work, its giving the kids something to say " i got the same as Benji Marshall"
i have two kids, and i am always buying them things that i think is rubbish… But its not rubbish to the kids...

@Masterton said:

Only if you believe…

Works for big Manu ...hasn't missed a game since stapping it on....

As for the powerbands they work for Benji ...the like have been around for years...

Latest posts

Members online

Back