Benji needs to produce it more often

ron_burgandy

that second half performance was breath taking…despite the doo doo goal kicking....he showed how destructive and unstoppable he can be when he takes the game on....

even behind a well beaten forward pack and a couple of players off the speed of the game, benji produced the goods to get us outta jail.... i want to see him do it from start to finish more often though not when we are 16 points behind.

He needs to produce that second half more regulary...he was on fire at the start of the year then had a lull but i think that second half may kick start him for the remainder of the season....

2nd half our forwards had great go forward…rhino fulton and gibbs were making good metres and gettin the offloads that we needed...

@ron burgandy said:
that second half performance was breath taking…despite the doo doo goal kicking....he showed how destructive and unstoppable he can be when he takes the game on....

**even behind a well beaten forward pack** and a couple of players off the speed of the game, benji produced the goods to get **us** outta jail…. i want to see him do it from start to finish more often though not when we are 16 points behind.

He needs to produce that second half more regulary...he was on fire at the start of the year then had a lull but i think that second half may kick start him for the remainder of the season....

Hijacking your own thread with a bagging of the forwards?!

"Us"?!

Sounds like its time for another self-inflicted uppercut. I recommend a follow through rear naked choke to end the pain. :laughing:

@innsaneink said:
How were our forwards ''well beaten''?

Seems it must come over different on TV…

Some interesting stats from the game....
Total metres gained: 1419 (1108)
Forwards WT 698 (532)

Cowgirls in brackets

The Definitive answer here would be the Metres gained stats by half

Are these made available somewhere????

I will agree that im sill not sold on our go forward this year.

There is only Ellis in our pack that other teams may fear and that is only in defense…

http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020101908.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to add em up…..

Actually you dont

WT First half 658 (642)
WT 2nd half 761 (466)....

@Geo. said:
http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020101908.html

You have to add em up…..

Actually you dont

WT First half 658 (642)

The stats dont strickly agree with you Ron however - as we are a Top 4 side and they are a bottom 2 side I would have expected vastly better numbers for the first half.
\
\
The Fwds need to STEP Up.

Thx Geo.

cowboys are still a very capable team regardless of their position on the ladder..we should just be lucky we underestimated a team now instead of later on in the season when it can come to bite us on the behind.

Just on Benji… It certainly was good to see him running with confidence and beating defenders again. Just about the best sight in all of Rugby League.

Ron - you make a good point regarding Benji. The forwards were not as bad as you make out.

As for Benji - he just has to run the ball. When he does he is one of the best players in the game. He also needs runners like Fulton hitting the gaps.

His kicking game is erratic - for instance he put one of the worse grubbers in against NQ and his conversions were rubbish however his bombs were a key factor imo in us gettting the win.

If Benji can get back into form and Robbie continues playing well we have a good chance of being a force in the finals this year.

I do not think our forwards will be an issue this year. We have a lot of depth and have been having as good go forward as what I have seen this team get on a regular basis since the balmain sides of years ago.

He's a real confidence player and his own worst critic. Some signs there on Monday that he was regaining some confidence in his running game. But he was frustrated with his kicking, and a couple of his passes. He went down on his knees after his last conversion attempt, he was so frustrated/disappointed. He shouldn't be, as he set up the equaliser and match winner and scored the sealer at the end of the game.

@Paris Cobbs said:
Just on Benji… It certainly was good to see him running with confidence and beating defenders again. Just about the best sight in all of Rugby League.

Completely agree.

Funny how he plays his best footy when he plays a more orthodox 5/8 role…

On days Beni can be cold and sometimes on fire.If only he was consistent (with the good stuff , not bad)
He cant always show us the razzle dazzle stuff as his passes dont find team mates at times and they all get confused not knowing what he will do and what they need to do.It worked better when Hodgo was around because he was a great support player.
If Benji has more support players around him i'm sure he can repeat that sort of performance more regularly.

@prattenpark said:
He's a real confidence player and his own worst critic. .

Couldnt agree more mate summed up perfectly.He is an awesome player to watch when his confidence is up but when its down his game goes down…

We looked our best when Lawrence when into first receiver and he's a poor quality passer/ball-players so that tells you something. When we get Lui back and Benji shifts wide, we'll be looking a hell of a lot better.

So Benji has to step up every game ? Well I am a bit tired of poor Benji having to kill it every game to cover for a coach that can't even bring a 1st grade quality 1/2 to the club in 4 yrs.. I for one don't expect Benji to carry the team every game ..1/ Main play maker 2/ Goal kicker 3/ The only real spark the team has some want a lot for the money!

@Geo. said:
http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020101908.html

You have to add em up…..

Actually you dont

WT First half 658 (642)

Lote accounted for 130 of those metres in the first half

second half we had like 70% possesion

Back