Benjii is bad for my blood pressure

tigergirlz

I am seriously going to have to watch the replay of the game on FOX tomorrow. I was out at the game and thought Benjii was great in patches but again unpredictable. There were a couple of times when the rest of the team were not sure who he was going to throw to. And yet he gets the majority 3 points from fans. Please let me know what you saw/think.

He was much more planning ahead stuff today when he could. Unfortunately a few instances required some action without too much thought as he was put under pressure from a poor pass. Deffinately one of his better games today.

@tigergirlz said:
I am seriously going to have to watch the replay of the game on FOX tomorrow. I was out at the game and thought Benjii was great in patches but again unpredictable. There were a couple of times when the rest of the team were not sure who he was going to throw to. And yet he gets the majority 3 points from fans. Please let me know what you saw/think.

Agree with you 100% but it seems everyman and his dog gave him 3 points in the 3,2,1….I can't accept the inconsistancy in his game....cut out the crap....He is a superstar....

Like the ball over the sideline...People blame Ryan...but we had the numbers if Marshall just puts it through hands we more than likely score....but no....Superstar Play.....stuffed.....Oh and one of his kicks for touch was Z grade..at least it went out....then he nails one from the same position....blood pressure :blush:

Those couple of mistakes get you going and I know where your coming from but he was easily the best player on the field.

Thurston is the Australian halfback and it wasn't even close.

@Geo. said:
@tigergirlz said:

Agree with you 100% but it seems everyman and his dog gave him 3 points in the 3,2,1….I can't accept the inconsistancy in his game....cut out the crap....He is a superstar....

Like the ball over the sideline...People blame Ryan...but we had the numbers if Marshall just puts it through hands we more than likely score....but no....Superstar Play.....stuffed.....Oh and one of his kicks for touch was Z grade..at least it went out....then he nails one from the same position....blood pressure :blush:

That pass to Ryan, i know it didn't come off but from that point i knew Benji was on song. His change of direction, his evaisiveness, the earlyness he read the gaping over lap and an open Ryan we're good to see. Only the execution lacked.

@Geo. said:
@tigergirlz said:

That is exactly how I saw Benji's game. It's so frustrating. We know what he can do, but for every great thing he does, there's 3 or 4 stupid, basic errors that often cost us points.

Have since watched the replay and you can be swayed by : what you see on the camera and what the commentators say. I stand by my initial comment that he is equally brilliant and frustratingly unpredictable.
Will keep watching.

@tigergirlz said:

this has been the case with benji for years now…

i didnt get to see the game until monday night because it wasnt broadcast over here in WA on sunday. :cry:
however, and im not sure if this is because maybe:
a) he likes the number 6 more than number 7
b) i already knew the result so wasnt getting as annoyed as i usually do! or
c) he performs so much better once a season has no more riding on it (admittedly, i now do have a little optimism with how they have gone the last 2 games)

but i have to say that i thought he played very well. granted, there was a horrid kick over the dead ball line that left me thinking "what the hell was that?!!" and the obligatory cutout over the sideline, but i think he more than made up for these in other areas and i was very happy to see him play like that. loved his try - fair dues and all him. i just wish he would play this way more often and consistently!!!

come to think of it, this game reminded me of all the comments people make about him needing to run at the line. this game proved them right, as his pace is actually quite impressive when he is playing like this.

but do we really want a benji that is predictable? wouldnt that just make him easier to shutdown?
i think he has cut his errors from 6-7 a game down to 2-3 in recent weeks and personally i think thats acceptable. when u consider he unpredictability is one of his biggest assests, as long as he doesnt go back to earlier in the season where he was really struggling to land that final pass, then i have no problem with an error or 2.

Yes… but it isn't much use having Marshall being the only one who knows what he is going to do (assuming even he knows what he is going to do). If he can build up some communication with a few of the other guys so they know when that rocket pass is about to be shot at them, he would be so much more valuable.

all they need to do is give benji some options and be ready to catch the ball, too often players just stand there watching him trying to work out what his doing, news flash! even benji doesnt know what his doing but if players are in motion around him it gives him options and like i said be ready to catch the ball….always.
imo there is no better sight then when the tigers are playing with people in motion off the ball

Back