Best thing about rd 3 vs Sharks

old_man_tiger

For me this is better than thrashing the cowboys last year as our best performance in recent years.
1. Defence.
2. Controlled game plan that can be replicated.
We didn't need one player to make 5 line breaks in an effort they can never hope to replicate, it's really up to those guys from last night if they want to do it every week.
3. Opposition kept playing and are a quality team, in the end the margin was probably helped by their injuries
4. Most important, we stood up in rd 3, it isn't too late to make a difference, which is the problem with all our recent good wins. Our season is alive baby!

A packed Leichhardt Oval. The NRL, councils, state govts, everybody, need to realise and value the importance of these old suburban grounds. Seriously, the atmosphere, everything! They need to stay. We don't need soulless cauldrons. We need to be close to the game, bantering with the other teams fans.
And winning!
Winning is good!!

Defence for me. The result in the end was built off line speed. FINALLY!!

We attacked in defence and that signalled our intent for the game. If they can keep that standard from now on, we will win more than half our games this year.

Well that is the performance we have been looking for years . I have said many times u can’t win games without playing football,
1) we throw the ball around and didn’t spent the whole game just hitting the ball up next to the ruck . It was great to see sezer and Galvin demanding the ball .
2) on top of that our defence was very good blokes chased across the line rather than just stand still
3) but it will be all in vain if that effort is not repeated next week
API is gun , the forwards stood up and the bench did there job .
Now the club has find a way to keep leichardt oval as our home ground the atmosphere there is fantastic, well done benji

A packed Leichhardt Oval. The NRL, councils, state govts, everybody, need to realise and value the importance of these old suburban grounds. Seriously, the atmosphere, everything! They need to stay. We don't need soulless cauldrons. We need to be close to the game, bantering with the other teams fans.
And winning!
Winning is good!!
Everything you say is correct but Football is a business now and money will always win out in the end. This is why Leichhardt Oval days are numbered.

For me this is better than thrashing the cowboys last year as our best performance in recent years.
1. Defence.
2. Controlled game plan that can be replicated.
We didn't need one player to make 5 line breaks in an effort they can never hope to replicate, it's really up to those guys from last night if they want to do it every week.
3. Opposition kept playing and are a quality team, in the end the margin was probably helped by their injuries
4. Most important, we stood up in rd 3, it isn't too late to make a difference, which is the problem with all our recent good wins. Our season is alive baby!
Great post. You had me in the first line of it. Way better than the Cows win.

To see the enthusiasm in the team finally was brilliant. I can’t remember the last time we had players chasing kicks through or putting their hand up to run the ball like we saw last night.
The whole team lifted to a level we never knew they had & I don’t think they realised they had.
It was awesome to see & a great birthday present for my son. He has been overseas so he has missed most of our Tiger misery, he has his tickets for next week & hopefully he can celebrate another amazing victory.
I am just so damn proud of how they played, I want to feel this happy after every game but one game at a time.

The best thing for me was this morning’s dog walk.
Yesterday morning I crossed paths with a woman who walks her dog regularly, we had a chat. She’s the kind that does not listen to a word you say and just talks about herself right over the top of ya, and her dog is an ignorant prick of a dog. So yesterday as we part ways she has a little dig, “the sharkies are gunna win tonight, you know that don’t ya?”, my reply was “if you say so 🙄”.
Well this morning she seen us and went the other way?
What cat got ya tongue [This word has been automatically removed]? Well that cat is a fkn TIGER, [This word has been automatically removed].

Back