Best video game you’ve ever played

Goldeneye

Mariokart, Football Manager, Metal Gear Solid, GTA Vice City, get honorable mentions

Arcade - Double Dragon, Street Fighter ||, WWF WrestleFest, Final Fight, Tekken series, Super Sprint..
Amiga 500 - Sensible Soccer, Super Cars 2, Speedball 2, TV Sports Basketball, Golden Axe..

surprised none of the older gamers have mentioned doom, completely changed gaming in my books, and just played the last 2 doom games (2016 and eternal) thoroughly enjoy the pointless slaying with or without a story line

Has anybody mentioned Gran Turismo yet? Car racing games were average before. This got me hooked.
Colin McCrae rally driving, especially loved the snow stages.

@cocacola said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520650) said:
WWF WrestleFest, Final Fight,

I played so much Final Fight, also WWF Superstars the game prior to WrestleFest (it had Andre the Giant and Honky Tonk Man in it).

@nuggetron said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520651) said:
surprised none of the older gamers have mentioned doom, completely changed gaming in my books, and just played the last 2 doom games (2016 and eternal) thoroughly enjoy the pointless slaying with or without a story line

Wolfenstein was that game for me. When Doom came out, honestly I didn't see it as that much different except you could shoot upwards. Also I didn't have access to a copy of Doom, whereas I got a full version copy of Wolfenstein.

When I eventually tired of Wolfenstein I played a lot of Rise of the Triad and basically skipped past Doom, also Duke Nukem 3D.

@dgilly said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520661) said:
Age of Empires II

Its weird. I never got into AOE2 though AOE1 was a favourite game.

I loved AOE1 if it only had unlimited units it would have been awesome.

I never gelled with AOE2, I thought it needed more Unique units or something.
Age of Mythology was great till the worst expansion ever.

Arcade - Double Dragon, Street Fighter ||, WWF WrestleFest, Final Fight, Tekken series, Super Sprint..
Amiga 500 - Sensible Soccer, Super Cars 2, Speedball 2, TV Sports Basketball, Golden Axe..

Super Sprint- was that the one where the walls on the inside of the track would open and close, allowing you to take shortcuts? If it was that was great fun, just spinning that steering wheel like it was a roulette wheel lol.
Good old days👍

@jirskyr said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520658) said:
WWF Superstars

I actually did meant WWF Superstars checking the titles.
Rumble came later (4 player option). Both were great.

@fade-to-black said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520717) said:

Super Sprint- was that the one where the walls on the inside of the track would open and close, allowing you to take shortcuts? If it was that was great fun, just spinning that steering wheel like it was a roulette wheel lol.
Good old days?

Yeah 3 players, and u could spin that wheel & collect the wrench on the track to update the car between races.Not sure if you ever got the chance to play it, but Hot Rod was a cool game, it was a 4 player car game on a flat horizontal table screen.

@crazycat said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520698) said:
@dgilly said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520661) said:
Age of Empires II

Its weird. I never got into AOE2 though AOE1 was a favourite game.

I loved AOE1 if it only had unlimited units it would have been awesome.

I never gelled with AOE2, I thought it needed more Unique units or something.
Age of Mythology was great till the worst expansion ever.

AOE1 was great - I think they nailed it with 2 though. 3 was terrible and 4 just isn't the same

@pj said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520590) said:
Waiting for new titles on ps5. Only remastering classics.
Farcry franchise is played out, haven't bothered with 6.
Apparently a new one this year will be a spin off of the witcher following Cini.
Should be awesome if they follow in the witcher footsteps.
Also hogwarts game looks amazing.

Horizon forbidden west comes out next month. First one was great

@jc99 said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520762) said:
@pj said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520590) said:
Waiting for new titles on ps5. Only remastering classics.
Farcry franchise is played out, haven't bothered with 6.
Apparently a new one this year will be a spin off of the witcher following Cini.
Should be awesome if they follow in the witcher footsteps.
Also hogwarts game looks amazing.

Horizon forbidden west comes out next month. First one was great

Never really played the first one. Think it came out at a time I was invested heavily in another game. Ill give it a shot. Nothing else around atm

I’ve played so many video games its hard to make a decision as to what’s my favourite or best but I really did enjoy GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Spyro, COD and a bunch of other games I loved but too many to name on here

@cocacola said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520736) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520717) said:

Good old days?

Yeah 3 players, and u could spin that wheel & collect the wrench on the track to update the car between races.Not sure if you ever got the chance to play it, but Hot Rod was a cool game, it was a 4 player car game on a flat horizontal table screen.

Yeah that was the one, that was great, I remember the wrench now. That opening in the track wall was usually the difference between winning and losing!
Never played the Hot Rod one, sounds good though.

@Spartan117 im with you,halo is the best FPS ever,particularly 2,3
I’ve heard infinite is really good also(almost bought an Xbox just for it)

My favourite game ever is dark souls ,anyone who likes a challenge get on it

Members online

No members online now.
Back