Best video game you’ve ever played

The GTA series win hands down for me.

Awesome missions / storyline but also a completely immersive and unpredictable world that you can just hang out in.

@merlot said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520479) said:
fire power at the billiard hall,bowling ally ,static electricity fritzed the machines[free games]we pilfered the space n vaders.bank vault in the back,we did the coin trick on the in line machines that paid out,seen how many gates there are in a card machine if the dash falls open,old days fknfn

You ain’t that old baby

@crazycat said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520698) said:
@dgilly said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520661) said:
Age of Empires II

Its weird. I never got into AOE2 though AOE1 was a favourite game.

I loved AOE1 if it only had unlimited units it would have been awesome.

I never gelled with AOE2, I thought it needed more Unique units or something.
Age of Mythology was great till the worst expansion ever.

I still play AOE1 and feel the same as you with AOE2

I did enjoy Rome total war more then AOE2

@cobarcats said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520496) said:
Space invaders arcade machines are starting to creep into the shopping malls here in Brisbane.
I think these types of games are gaining popularity again because they're 'instant games'
No loading just throw the coin in and hit start.
I cut my teeth on those sort of games, arghhh memories!,

Yeah was good at getting them to 9990 and leaving my initials.

I retired when they brought out Galaga the upstarts aged about 14. I mean fancy that you get good at something and you have to learn something else.

Used to especially love the Space Invaders machine at the old Burwood Westfield circa 1979. Gee playing that while Thursday night shopping with mum then getting a Big League thinking about the big game at the Lidcombe cauldron in a couple of days.........They were the days.

Reactions: PJ_
@papacito said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520959) said:

Awesome missions / storyline but also a completely immersive and unpredictable world that you can just hang out in.

I was amazed at how good GTA 5's graphics were when it launched

@crazycat said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1520643) said:
Adventure: Indianna Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Seriously best ever. Should be a Movie. Day of the tentacle second.

Point and Click Advetnure game era of the late 80s-midlate 90s absolutely ruled. The Monkey Islands were my favs but anything Lucas Arts and some of Sierra was good.

I only recently found out that the genre has made a strong comeback over the last 5-10 years. Daedalic and Wadjet Eye seem to be the two main companies, Ive played a few games over the past year and they do the genre a good service

@upthetigers said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1521020) said:

![0401.png](/assets/uploads/files/1641973090971-0401.png)

This game was actually pretty difficult if you used the smallest bar as your "racquet" once it started to speed up. The paddle controller was a bit dicey?

@fade-to-black said in [Best video game you’ve ever played](/post/1521031) said:

![0401.png](/assets/uploads/files/1641973090971-0401.png)

This game was actually pretty difficult if you used the smallest bar as your "racquet" once it started to speed up. The paddle controller was a bit dicey?

Got room for a bit of shnake in there

The story was captivating too.

My partner doesn't mind to game either, so I bought her It Takes Two for Christmas. It won game of the year last year and for good reason. I've had such a good time sitting down and playing it through with her. Would definitely recommend for you and your partner or to play through or with older kids, there are some dark patches in it and some really clever ideas.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye on N64

Age of Empires 2, Starcraft and Dark Reign on PC.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Master System.

Out of all of them, Ocarina of Time is the most complete game I've ever played. It was a masterpiece and ahead of its time.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye on N64

Age of Empires 2, Starcraft and Dark Reign on PC.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Master System.

Out of all of them, Ocarina of Time is the most complete game I've ever played. It was a masterpiece and ahead of its time.
Robin Williams named his daughter after that character.

Members online

Back