BJ Leilua

Leilua makes the Dragons pay
By Marc Churches

Tigers centre Joseph Leilua has helped his side extend their lead to eight points.

Too strong from Leilua, who had no trouble breaking the tackle of Jack Bird.

No doubt a welcoming sight for Tigers fans after fears Leilua's career could've been over when he was dropped by coach Michael Maguire earlier this season.

"That's a poor miss," Andrew Johns told Nine.

"That's a really poor miss from Jack Bird who's a really good defender.

"Leilua's gone away and worked on his fitness, what a weapon."

Let's see how he goes. It's round 8.
If he does well we get 2 contract years out of him.

Sucked apart from flopping over the line. Still his best game for us. I hope he can keep his spot. He has so much potential when he is actually committed. Oporto is his top priority though ...

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352836) said:
Sucked apart from flopping over the line. Still his best game for us. I hope he can keep his spot. He has so much potential when he is actually committed. Oporto is his top priority though ...

Flopped over the line? At least be fair

@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352883) said:

Tripped or skipped? He did lay a lazy palm but he was over without effort

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352889) said:

He brushed off Bird. He looked good today

@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352890) said:

Were there any other notable moments for him? He was ok and better than his diabolical prior efforts, I’ll give you that

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352894) said:

Were there any other notable moments for him? He was ok and better than his diabolical prior efforts, I’ll give you that

He went looking for the ball a lot, was on the ball all day. Not saying that's a great game but he had a real dig. Scored a good try.
He didn't flop over for a try.

@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352898) said:

He went looking for the ball a lot, was on the ball all day. Not saying that's a great game but he had a real dig. Scored a good try.

His best effort - true. But just a pass mark for me. We are paying him to win games and be a leader/star week in and out.

@tiger5150 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352827) said:
@tcat said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352794) said:
Least impacting centre in the game.

Did you watch Talau?

I think Talau is the one that doesn't offer much at present

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352900) said:

His best effort - true. But just a pass mark for me. We are paying him to win games and be a leader/star week in and out.

On the same page then. I was just refuting the 'flopped over for a try' comment.

@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352906) said:

On the same page then. I was just refuting the 'flopped over for a try' comment.

To be clear I think he is fat, slow, terrible, washed up, he played a very average game in a very average team and got lucky against a terrible dragons team and was close to falling over the line. Find a semantic in that if you really want ??

It was Laurie who straightened up his line of attack and that caused Bird to hold which in turn created room for Bj to run around the outside of Bird
If Laurie continues to Slide I don't think we score

For al the BJ haters why dont you stop and think that maybe he needed a wake up call and got it by Madge..
The other thing most didnt notice is how BJ,Mbye Joe O and Tamou got around the young players and especially Cini to show support and courage to them...
the younger players played with far more intensity and confidence this week than prior...
Let Madge do his work in the next couple of years and watch this team play finals on more than one occasion...

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352913) said:

To be clear I think he is fat, slow, terrible, washed up, he played a very average game in a very average team and got lucky against a terrible dragons team and was close to falling over the line. Find a semantic in that if you really want ??

I leave you to be miserable in our win then.

His try was very important and reminded me of his last minute try against the Bulldogs 2020.

He looked like he wanted to be there which was also a plus

@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352920) said:

Good to see him interested like others said. Sorry mate I don’t see much in today

@tiger8 said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352930) said:
@gallagher said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1352920) said:

Good to see him interested like others said. Sorry mate I don’t see much in today

It was his best game for us since he joined but yeah it’s not worth writing home about ..
He needs to do the same on a weekly basis then we’ll talk .

Latest posts

Back