BJ Leilua

@moh said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1518717) said:
@sparci said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1518704) said:
all these fights are a complete embarrassment to the sport

As Gal said, these are the ones that bring the crowds.

And I respect anyone that jumps in there, easy for us to be critical but it is an incredibly tough sport. Not their fault the sport has gone this way. Big respect especially to Heino and Lussick.

BJ continues to self-destruct, really keeps proving these 'haters' (as he describes them) right.

yep exactly what i was gonna say.. ive never watched boxing or UFC but because of McGregor vs Mayweather and then the Gal fights, I've watched a few fights. Lots of kids getting in to these sports because of the hype. Junior participation and more people getting into the sports is only good for the sport and the community.

It’s sad what these morons are doing to the sport. Any meathead who played NRL thinks that’s good enough to be able to get in the ring and throw them. Ali would be turning in his grave.

Gallen said it for what it is....

It isn't about being the best or going on to fight for world championships.

It's about having a crack.
Obviously the card last night was very weak, not just the fighters but the officiating as well.

But the lads trained for the event, it wasn't just get in the ring and try your best - despite what it may have looked like.

Preparation went into this, from all the fighters.

Sammy Goodman is a special talent.
Garside looked good and only using the one hand also - early stoppage by the ref but I daresay he would've continued to piece up that guy through the fight if it wasn't stopped early.

Massive difference between the actual pros and the alleged pros like BJ, Chris and even that Alex Simon guy (very average).

They'll continue to do these footy fight cards I'd assume and sprinkle in some real fighters to try and legitimise the cards/events.

I ain't complaining. Boxing has been great this year even the freak shows like this.

@rustycage said in [BJ Leilua](/post/1518789) said:
My least favourite sports -

AFL
AFLW
Boxing

So agreed.
Ill add Cricket to the list although I get it now that game is just an excuse to drink beer. But man how boring.

I pulled form my superfund because they backed AFL.

Kickboxing is better then Boxing. I dont want to see Braindamage. Even Tim Simona who did something really awful, just watching his head get plummled wasnt fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Back