BMM may leave us

BMM

Good
- Big, Runs hard and decent angles

Poor
Lazy, Hands like feet, poor defensive positioning , attitude

If he goes - fair enough. Our backrow has been a problem and BMM isn't too me going to fix that

Why shop him around? His management should save time and energy and take him straight to the Sharks.

Having said that I, like others have said, feel that he should be in first grade. He is a big bloke with first grade experience. Its what we need in out pack at the moment.

I'd let him go… He clearly has not responded to the Cushing he has had at the WT... His $$$ can go to signing Teddy!!

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@NJLM78 said:
Why shop him around? His management should save time and energy and take him straight to the Sharks.

Having said that I, like others have said, feel that he should be in first grade. He is a big bloke with first grade experience. Its what we need in out pack at the moment.

We are missing enough tackles as it is without adding another terrible defender.

@Love the WestsTigers said:
@stevetiger said:
I like the guy and I hope he stays. I think he should be playing first grade.

He plays hard when he is in the team.

We have let a lot of decent players go (not super-stars but still good ones)

Ben Teo
Bronson Harrison
Andrew Fifita
and my all time fav - Bryce Gibbs

and the theme is consistent, they play better when they leave WT

Yep…and good players drop when they arrive here

Stuff it...I dont care

Has had plenty of chances. plenty. needs to be moved on another Keebra park failure.

I mentioned this a few months ago. A Staff member and I have a mutual friend. They gave Ben the ultimatum. Looks like he hasn't responded.

@russelldp said:
In a structured environment, like the bunnies, storm etc, BMM would flourish.

They set things up for a back-rower/centre play.

Potter appears to be trying to achieve this but old habits die hard.

No coincidence Lawrence/Ayshford/BMM have all fallen from favour in recent years.

I'd like to see him stay but as a few have suggested, I'm just not sure he'll realise his full potential here at the club.

At the end of the day, it's up to Ben. He's got all the potential in the world, but as they say … you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I hope he pulls his finger out and 'puts in' like some of these youngsters. If not, it's 'see ya later'.

For this club to progress we need to let players like the BMM go. He has been given chance after chance to perform. But he just doesn't seem to have progressed. Whether it be attitude or not it is a pity, as it is clear the kid has loads of skill and potential. With the money saved sign the clear performers who are performing week in week out, like the Tedesco's and Nofo's. These two in particular are our nucleas for the future, players we can build a team around!

So many people calling for him to be let go, yet we are playing Bodene in the second row ahead of BMM? Laughable.

BMM will be another Fifita, he will flourish elsewhere.

@hybrid_tiger said:
So many people calling for him to be let go, yet we are playing Bodene in the second row ahead of BMM? Laughable.

He may well flourish somewhere else but it sure seems like he won't do it here.

@Peaches said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

Yet the likes of Thompson and Blair are flourishing?

I would be pissed if we let him go. He finished 2013 well and we have little depth in the back row. He may not be in the top squad ATM but I wouldn't be giving up on him. I could see him going to manly or someone like that and becoming a frank Pritchard clone

We need to persist with guys like this. We are not a buying club, so we should not be in the business of casting aside our own ones with talent. Yes he has been a let down at this stage of his career. however his celling as a player is very high.

The coach needs to get him motivated and happy. Once those things are in place and the teams starts winning games all of a sudden we night have a gun back rower. A position where we are LIGHT on quality.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@Peaches said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

Yet the likes of Thompson and Blair are flourishing?

I feel Thompson is doing quite a solid job. He's not too explosive by any means but is still quite young in his career and is developing as a backrower after starting it as a centre.
Blair is a more finished product and doesn't do much wrong. People are just unhappy and what we are paying him.

But both are different prospects to BMM who has been in the system for a few years and is clearly behind these two at the club. The other 2 are playing first grade, BMM is not.

Back