Boxing Discussion

He's a big man but a hypocrite. Still great to watch.
His boxing style cannot be easily coached, but he is definitely a great boxer; he is tall and powerfully built, and handles (so far) punches to the body and headrelatively easy, even from Wilder.
The only issue I have with Fury is discussed by Wilder ⬇️.

Navarrete is very good but he's also going up in weight for the fight.

Only one weight class but always helps to be at the more natural weight.

Hope Liam gets him.

Just watching foxsports, Justis Huni's trainer saying the problem with Huni's hands was due to his hands being taped too tight?? Go figure.
He telling us that after all that training, sparring etc they haven't worked that out earlier. It's like wearing footy boots week after week and then saying, these boots are too tight. Your hands swell and reduce depending on your training schedule...ya gotta get it right. Too loose and you break bones, it's an artform.

He's a big man but a hypocrite. Still great to watch.
I certainly rate Fury as a boxer, but I don't like his (my perception ;) ) lack of respect for his opponents.
Usyk is, IMHO, what one may call the "old school", confident in himself and he does not need to put people down just because they are opponents. Similarly in the NBA Curry, Duncan, Olujawon, or in the MMA Khabib, Milicic, or Fedor. That is also why one of my favourite WT is Ellis💪🐅

I certainly rate Fury as a boxer, but I don't like his (my perception ;) ) lack of respect for his opponents.
Usyk is, IMHO, what one may call the "old school", confident in himself and he does not need to put people down just because they are opponents. Similarly in the NBA Curry, Duncan, Olujawon, or in the MMA Khabib, Milicic, or Fedor. That is also why one of my favourite WT is Ellis💪🐅
I love Usyk brother, he's exactly the type of sportsman I admire.
I often wonder if he could speak fluid english whether it would be a different story 🤣
I don't think so, he lets his ability and aggression do the talking.
A steely eye and silence can be just as effective as a loud mouth.

Hope he wins as well I have been pushing Liam's barrow for a while ...but might be a few fights early for him
I thought he showed some real character in taking the rematch against Noynay only eight months after he got given a real beating in that fight.

To win in the way he did was even more impressive, not just because it was a great knockout, but because it showed getting stopped in such a brutal way didn't rattle his confidence.

Members online

Back