Brandon Wakeham #267

Bula was solid.

How good was that run of his. Brooks was good as well apart from that moronic pass that he threw to Nofo. I thought IP was good as well. Tupou and Nofo did their jobs.

Our forwards just didn't get on top at all.

Don’t agree that he was that bad, not finding touch and the pass over the side line were both poor. But his kicking game was good from pretty bad field positions, he also ran the ball strongly and almost cut through in several occasions. Apart from a few errors he had a solid game.
My major issue with Brooks kicking game is the total lack of variety and when he puts it up just the total lack of hang time for our guys to get to it to compete for it. They don't even seem to bother anymore, in fairness that's not just on Brooks but on the rest of the squad aswell for not competing.

Your kidding right Laurie is definitely an improvement on Wakeham & on last night’s performance I think any half in reserve grade is an improvement.

My original comment about the two said they both suck.. and I’ll stand by that…

I dont particular care who is better player in that argument

Wakeham wasn’t good tonight, but neither was his experienced halfback.
Brooks had a 46% tackle efficiency! That deserves a smack in the mouth.

I agree to a certain extent about Brooks' defence last night. He definitely defended poor compared to usual, however (and I'm not being an apologist here), Blore inside him was shocking with his decision making and lateral movement. He put Brooks in all sorts of trouble trying to make the right decision to fix Blores mistakes. Really poor coaching to leave Blore out there.

Probably see Wakeham to 7 and Toa to 6... Naden to centre.

Assuming Talau gets dropped which he probably should this is our best option at this point. It sucks as well. We again move To'a from the centres to play him elsewhere (he played fullback previously) when he is proving to be really good in the centres.

It's a disaster at the moment.

My major issue with Brooks kicking game is the total lack of variety and when he puts it up just the total lack of hang time for our guys to get to it to compete for it. They don't even seem to bother anymore, in fairness that's not just on Brooks but on the rest of the squad aswell for not competing.
I was at training the other day, and it surprised me on how little they train on attacking kicks. It’s then no surprise we are poor in this area.

I agree to a certain extent about Brooks' defence last night. He definitely defended poor compared to usual, however (and I'm not being an apologist here), Blore inside him was shocking with his decision making and lateral movement. He put Brooks in all sorts of trouble trying to make the right decision to fix Blores mistakes. Really poor coaching to leave Blore out there.
Blore showed exactly why he was not selected in recent weeks!

I was at training the other day, and it surprised me on how little they train on attacking kicks. It’s then no surprise we are poor in this area.
You would think in this day and age of the game and the way it's being played it would be something worked on constantly.

You would think in this day and age of the game and the way it's being played it would be something worked on constantly.
Yes I thought so but I was there for an hour and a half, it’s possible they did work on it after?!?
They did one short kick off in defence when I was there, but you’d have thought that after the Faiders game that they would have done it a hundred times.

Wakeham won't get dropped lol

Laurie + Wakeham....
It's not gonna be pretty.
Wakeham couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night -how slow is he!
But he’s a good goal kicker and in general play so I’d say he’ll be safe for the rest of this write-off season.

Now did anyone notice Toa in at 5/8, looked cool and comfortable( albeit small minutes) so Wakeham to half and Toa to 5/8, Naden in for Talau and Simpkin for API plus the kid on the bench.
What else can we do ?
Find a right centre to cover Toa who is at 5/8.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back