Brett finch

@Sabre said:
@ron burgandy said:
next 24 hours should be interesting though…......

Any more word on this "interesting" thing?

sorry mate i guess that statement was a little misleading…. usually the last day or 2 before june 30 is full of surprises and stuff...i was mainly refering to if finch decided to take up the offer after all...it was still there for him until lunch time today if he wanted it..... as far as finch goes this is what happened from the info i got

1) he accepted the offer originally (verbally) only to come back and want extra money on the deal we refused so he declined the offer

2) after that his manager tried to squeeze an extra 12 months out of the tigers for next season, this was abrubptly declined, so then he went back to the extra money part for the remainder of this season...we came to the party a little bit apparently but not enough....though that deal did still stand until lunch today if he had a change of heart.....
\
\
i think they tried to pray on our halves problem and i guess the fact we havent played finals footy...thinking we would pay anything for a good half to ensure a finals spot

@ron burgandy said:
@Sabre said:
@ron burgandy said:
next 24 hours should be interesting though…......

Any more word on this "interesting" thing?

sorry mate i guess that statement was a little misleading…. usually the last day or 2 before june 30 is full of surprises and stuff...i was mainly refering to if finch decided to take up the offer after all...it was still there for him until lunch time today if he wanted it..... as far as finch goes this is what happened from the info i got

1) he accepted the offer originally (verbally) only to come back and want extra money on the deal we refused so he declined the offer

2) after that his manager tried to squeeze an extra 12 months out of the tigers for next season, this was abrubptly declined, so then he went back to the extra money part for the remainder of this season...we came to the party a little bit apparently but not enough....though that deal did still stand until lunch today if he had a change of heart.....
\
\
i think they tried to pray on our halves problem and i guess the fact we havent played finals footy...thinking we would pay anything for a good half to ensure a finals spot

Its obvious i wasnt making this stuff about Finch up, i wonder if the attitude of a couple of posters like Chris and Fainty will take note.
As for Finch, well if he's going to carry on like that then im happy we didnt get him. After all, do we really want somoeone who walks out on clubs with the ease he does? The Storm are having a tough year (there own fault i know), but ud think Finch would want to stick solid with his mates through this tough year, but he was ready to walk on them.

Heard on another forum he has agreed today just waiting for an oficial release from melb, any-one know if true??

[quote="king sirro"
\
\
Its obvious i wasnt making this stuff about Finch up, i wonder if the attitude of a couple of posters like Chris and Fainty will take note.
As for Finch, well if he's going to carry on like that then im happy we didnt get him. After all, do we really want somoeone who walks out on clubs with the ease he does? The Storm are having a tough year (there own fault i know), but ud think Finch would want to stick solid with his mates through this tough year, but he was ready to walk on them.
I never used your name, so why use mine???

@Granto87 said:
Heard on another forum he has agreed today just waiting for an oficial release from melb, any-one know if true??

Signing an Agreement and gaining a Release is part of the process, but don't the Contracts need to registered with NRL by June 30?

@Granto87 said:

ive heard nothing…all i know is that as of late yesterday arvo he didnt accept the initial deal the tigers put forward...but as i said they left the deal on the table for him incase he had a change of heart.... what forum did you read this on?

@kingsirro.... that was a good scoop you got...even beat me to it lol..... finch is obviously keen as it was his manager who approached us not the other way around..... as for the doubters mate...well now you see what i deal with when i drop some info on here.....

@Tiger Watto said:
@Granto87 said:

Signing an Agreement and gaining a Release is part of the process, but don't the Contracts need to registered with NRL by June 30?

July 7th this year due to the change in the salary cap…

Brett Finch???

Why would we sign him when we could have God (

![](http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9476/fitzy2.jpg)

) at halfback???
\
\
On a serious note, if we do get Finch I hope it's only for this year. Let Moltzen, Lui and Lazarus fight it out for the halfback spot next season.

Fainty, u accused those talking about Finch coming to us of making stuff up, and since i was one of those, then obviously it was directed at me among a few others. No big deal mate, just thought id point out your mistake lol

Cmon lets not get into who posted what or why….that's why these threads get locked...

I'd rather they stay open....so it an be discussed amoungst all fans...

All info shared is appreiated.....I'm glad Sirro posted what he did.....If it turns out it didn't happen.....big deal......

only time will tell, if Brett Finch does join the club.
if it does happen then great, if not oh well.
remember, a bit of uncertainty occurred, when Lote was rumoured to be coming to wests-tigers.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@TigersFan4Life said:
Does anyone know what we offered him?

Wouldn't be much different to what he's on at Melbourne… As far as I'm aware he's still playing for peanuts isn't he?

Maybe on one set of books he's playing for peanuts, but the other set off books may have his income a little higher

As he remains under contract with Melbourne - his monies under said contract are guaranteed and we would only need to either top it up or pay a negotiated percentage (as with McKinnon).

Latest posts

Members online

Back