LIVE GAME Broncos v Tigers Rd 5

Live Game Discussion
I know there's still 20mins left but....

1. AD - Never again. Too slow
2. Staines - doing fine
3. Toa - has made mistakes but has still been ok as a backup
4. Kepaoa - playing well
5. Tupou - also fine
6. Wakeham - needs to improve bit at least having a go
7. Brooks - yeah, na.
8. Stef - lacking go forward but still having some impact
9. Api - can only do so much
10. Klem - lacking go forward
11. Paps - getting very poor service
12. Bateman - also bad service
13. Pole - did well, will only improve

14. Simpkin - looks much better off the bench
15. Twal - lacks go forward but ties up the defence well
16. Matamua - mistakes but will improve
18. Blore - has been great tonight IMO
Agreed… I would not change a single word you wrote! 🫡👏🤝

Note Jordon Riki 50 th game said it was hard getting cranky before the game due to,parents being present for his jumper presentation
not Getting cranky before the game
we need to re introduce the Tommy slap to wake these guys up for the first half , I also note when Hass waked Twally nobody come in for ages , we should have been all over that grub put on a stink , we look like scared school girls against men

Their forwards taught ours a lesson tonight.
I’m not sure why people think we have a good pack. We have good forwards but they don’t play as a pack at all.
Brisbanes pack easily tore ours apart tonight.
Nope, our forwards did fine… ref penalised the crap out of us every time we muscled up.. it was atrocious,,, but not the reason we were flogged .. AD and Brooks should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute tonight.. diabolic incompetence

Haha Alfie still partying hard at 56 years of age, beer flowing everywhere

Nope, our forwards did fine… ref penalised the crap out of us every time we muscled up.. it was atrocious,,, but not the reason we were flogged .. AD and Brooks should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute tonight.. diabolic incompetence
I disagree. Our forwards got run over and gave away plenty of penalties trying to slow them down

I haven’t been able to watch a game live this season yet. So my delayed thoughts.

The result is what you get if you play a top side which clicks and also wins the penalty count.

Douehi is on auto pilot after getting a 1 yr extension when no other team wanted him at 900k. Can’t or won’t defend at fullback. Not fast enough in attack.

A couple of positives but not many. Staines just kept rocking up from our own end. Liked the aggression from Twal. Jnr on the wing. Klemmer still having a crack. Bateman is a footballer. Also we got away with a forward pass that should have been a penalty in front lol.

I think the broncos are the real deal this year. At least they didn’t put 70 or 80 on us🤷.

Edit; forgot to mention Steff got some of his mojo back coming off the bench.

Last edited:
At least Sheens press conference didn’t make excuses. He made a slight dig about our fullback positioning and lack of attacking the ball.

But his best comment was “I hope we beat the bye”.

We are in all sorts of trouble with our coaching staff.

I’m well and truely past caring these imbeciles are a disgrace, Sheens back at the helm has been a disaster. I can’t see Benji being any different if he was there would be improvement. Resigning Doueihi like wtf the guy has nothing particularly at fullback we may as well not have one. I’d love someone to explain the desperation we had to move Hastings on for Klemmer, we could have kept Hastings and Brooks and let them duke it out for the 7. Cause I reckon with Hastings at 7 we aren’t 0-5 I guess speed isn’t everything when you don’t have any footy IQ.
, get over Hastings… he is gone and we are shit… I’m sick of hearing about spilt mlk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back