Brooks and Marsters redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsiro

Putting my hand up here: I’m a critic of Brooks but he was very solid tonight.
Credit where it’s due.
Marsters kicking was a crucial factor in tonight’s game. Well bloody done.
Big kudos Madge for keeping faith after such a horrible loss.
Up the Tigers!!!

Good on you BS, well played. Let’s hope they keep improving!

How bloody good is it to beat the donkeys in their home town!!

I actually like what Marsters is doing in attack, he hasn't broken through yet but he keeps trying to skip outside his opposite man. I think at some stages its going to work this year, which is not something the club has ever benefited from in a while.

I said in the game thread Brooks was much better running the ball, still no organising, but all effort

Good game from Brooks tonight. Some great carries and played with confidence.

There was plenty of organising. There were plenty of great late tackle options. Brooks only problem is consistency.

Marsters kicking was much improved but he still comes up with some poor plays. If he gets rid of those poor plays he can be one of the better centres in the game.

I think the turning point for me was when we took the penalty goal from the side to lock it up. That just showed me they are all in this together and backed him… Very smart move.

Brooks went back to his running game and was superb. He has to keep to keep this up. Because he is so quick he usually attracts 2 to 3 players in defence. Then with a quick play the ball it opens up a lot more room for our defence. I also hope Reynolds can stay fit - i think he allows Brooks the opportunity to play his own game.

So what are we meant to think about last week?

Did Brooks play poorly because he cant handle going up against the Clearys?

Didn't @Geo already allude to the fact he may have had other things on his mind? Either way, people went way over the top. As i said last week, the only half that outplayed him was Reynolds, as was the case last night (according to Ch9).

Guess we won't have to find a way to ship him off and get someone to take him off our hands after all. :wink:

Agree Brooks looked good tonight, can he maintain that running confidence on a week to week situation.
Huff was great , looked fitter ran well and was there in defence, still worried about our field goal improvement as a lot of games are seemingly ending close as the last two weeks have shown in our games and others.

@Furious1 said:
Didn’t @Geo already allude to the fact he may have had other things on his mind? Either way, people went way over the top. As i said last week, the only half that outplayed him was Reynolds, as was the case last night (according to Ch9).

Guess we won’t have to find a way to ship him off and get someone to take him off our hands after all.

Brooks had an early flight out of Brisbane today to bury his nana..R.I.P Nana Betty..sure she would be smiling down after last nights performance from the whole team

Brooks had a good game … the factor for me is will it continue weekly that’s what is required and Masters well done to handle the pressure of turning his kicking around.

@Furious1 said:
Didn’t @Geo already allude to the fact he may have had other things on his mind? Either way, people went way over the top. As i said last week, the only half that outplayed him was Reynolds, as was the case last night (according to Ch9).

Guess we won’t have to find a way to ship him off and get someone to take him off our hands after all

Fair enough.

Wonder how long Brooks has to be told that he needs to have a consistent running game to improve our attacking chances, only been 5 years and a number of coaches, hope Madge can set him straight on improvement throughout this season and we will make the 8 and luke will be a genuine rep chance.

@hugh1954 said:
Wonder how long Brooks has to be told that he needs to have a consistent running game to improve our attacking chances, only been 5 years and a number of coaches,

Come on hugh. Have you forgotten Taylor Ball? Five hit ups for a bomb? Funny both Moses and Brooks stunk it up under that system.

True, but they were also still fairly young guys back then. Both have matured and gained more experience over the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back