Campbelltown crowds

To quote, local Campbelltown rappers,
Pistol Pete & Enzo;

C-town where we stay at and we all kings
I got Red-Bull cans, they'll give you all wings.

Bottom line, if we had a hot quality team we would fill grounds where ever we play. For the last decade that has not been the case. Not only have we been way down on quality, but the style of football we have produced has been drab.

They will pack Cambo if they can ever climb up to be a consistent top 4 team…..that’s the big IF, pray the pathways system delivers

It was a one-off and free entry. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I was at the game today and was very disappointed in the crowd. Was naively expecting around double that given the nice weather (for a change) and the recent form.
Can't really blame people for staying away though - the club is a shambles and has been for a very long time.
The crowd number posted at the ground was in excess of 9,000, so if you were expecting a crowd of 18-19,000 when the ground record is only about 20,500 then you really have high expectations.

When you consider it was an out of town team and the game was between 2 cellar dwellers with the game being aired on free to air TV as well as Kayo and Fox.

Add to that the fact that Wests Tigers were favourites and it was a really piss poor show with only the one game on the program, then I am surprised there were over 9,000 there.

Until Wests Tigers start taking Macarthur seriously we will continue to struggle to get crowds at Ctown. The odd training session and games against out of town teams will never get the area excited about the team.
Also the performances the team produce at Campbelltown over the years has been pathetic. This Club deserves what it gets from the people in this area.
We have been a very poor team for a very long time

The crowd number posted at the ground was in excess of 9,000, so if you were expecting a crowd of 18-19,000 when the ground record is only about 20,500 then you really have high expectations.

When you consider it was an out of town team and the game was between 2 cellar dwellers with the game being aired on free to air TV as well as Kayo and Fox.

Add to that the fact that Wests Tigers were favourites and it was a really piss poor show with only the one game on the program, then I am surprised there were over 9,000 there.
Your a very generous dude...dude...saying "I am surprised there were over 9K there".
I was very surprised there was over 900 there :ROFLMAO:

And I thought @The SHADOW was spot on when he said "the crowd at Campbelltown are a lot smarter than the L.O. crowd".
So maybe they aren't a lot smarter after all :unsure: when over 9K paid out their hard earned $$$ to watch the tripe our blokes dished up.

So congrats to the L.O. crowd for being smart enough to stay away, cause Yuh know what, it would have been a lot squishier in the ground as maybe there would have been over 10K there :ROFLMAO:.

fans everywhere around Sydney are fair weather. with the exception of Parramatta and Newcastle, it's rare to see the fans turning out in droves when their team loses consistently. does anyone remember a sold out crowd at Penrith before they began their golden run? I certainly don't.

for better or for worse, the club has decided our future is at Campbelltown. we're going to start playing more games there, there has been significant investment into the Wests, Macarthur and Group 6 junior competitions, and we plan to build a junior academy at WSU's campus behind Macarthur Square. it's happening. what needs to happen from here is we start winning.

I'm a member and I attend 3 Campbelltown games a year. our record there is atrocious. can't remember the last time we won there. no wonder the crowd doesn't turn up. if we start winning again I guarantee you we'll begin to see increased numbers. between 2005-2012 we had an average attendance of around 14,000. the bottom line? we were a far better team than what we are now. we start winning, they'll start turning up.

fans everywhere around Sydney are fair weather. with the exception of Parramatta and Newcastle, it's rare to see the fans turning out in droves when their team loses consistently. does anyone remember a sold out crowd at Penrith before they began their golden run? I certainly don't.

for better or for worse, the club has decided our future is at Campbelltown. we're going to start playing more games there, there has been significant investment into the Wests, Macarthur and Group 6 junior competitions, and we plan to build a junior academy at WSU's campus behind Macarthur Square. it's happening. what needs to happen from here is we start winning.

I'm a member and I attend 3 Campbelltown games a year. our record there is atrocious. can't remember the last time we won there. no wonder the crowd doesn't turn up. if we start winning again I guarantee you we'll begin to see increased numbers. between 2005-2012 we had an average attendance of around 14,000. the bottom line? we were a far better team than what we are now. we start winning, they'll start turning up.
Simple and very sensible, well worth reading ,refreshing the obvious.👍

For some reason I thought they announced 7k, so my mistake. I had been expecting around 13-14k.

WT Games at CSS.
21 games Since 2016, only 6 wins and 15 losses.IMG_20220808_123307.jpg

How is that credibility out the window?

Crowd numbers speak for themselves. You don't need my anecdotal evidence to help you make a decision do you?

Doesn't matter if they are "rusted on". Ticket sales are ticket sales. Especially when it comes to membership.

The reality is we have very limited fans and members that in the Campbelltown area.
So you live in the Campbelltown area do you?

Latest posts

Back