Campbelltown crowds

Was there today…no atmosphere, the crowd struggled to get the Tigers chant going….those around me were more interested in sinking grog than watching the game.
Gees @tigerap can you blame them.
I'm surprised they weren't sinking grog and eating tripe at the same time as there was plenty of tripe being dished up there :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly people are still fronting given the club gave up about 2 months ago
Yep 💯 agree @BAGNF05
I reckon a lot of the blokes that were sinking grog as @tigerap said were just there to get away from the Mrs/she who must be obeyed :( for a while and have a good time with their mates instead.

Didn’t they have 15k there for a schoolboys union game? If only the tigers could attract that crowd there
It was a one-off and free entry. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I was at the game today and was very disappointed in the crowd. Was naively expecting around double that given the nice weather (for a change) and the recent form.
Can't really blame people for staying away though - the club is a shambles and has been for a very long time.

10 minute drive from Wests Ashfield to Leichhardt Oval compared to the 50 minute drive from Wests Ashfield to Campbelltown Stadium.
Hmmmm, wonder which ground they would rather we played at....
G'day @Sabre .....Yuh hop in the car, turn the radio on to 702 ABC Grandstand and relax on a nice drive to the beautiful City of Campbelltown. Yuh park in the car park rite next to the ground then duck into Wests for a delightful lunch and a shardy or 2, then it's only a 1 minute walk to the hallowed turf itself.
What could be better on a lazy Sunday afternoon than watching Our wonderful Team play like :poop:

Lol we beat the Broncos last week and should have beat Cowboys the week before of not for poor refs.
If Campbelltown couldn't get a crowd today on a Sunday afternoon they never will.
There's one problem with your statement Sabre.
WT were thought by most to be the winning team today.
And Yuh know what happens when we are the favourite dont Yuh.
We play like :poop: so why would you bother to go.

Let’s put some context around this:
Leichhardt games are considered event games by people in the area and they tend to show up no matter what. 3-4 games at Leichhardt is the right number to keep this going.

Leichhardt has a long history with the Balmain Tigers side of the joint venture whereas Campbelltown was new and not established for Western Suburbs.

This years games at Campbelltown:
V Warriors 6pm Friday (very hard ground to get to at that time and an OS team)

V Manly Sunday afternoon - decent crowd for this one given how we have been travelling.

V Knights Sunday afternoon when both teams are having terrible seasons. Not many want to watch that (I wish I didn’t)

This year at Leichhardt:
V Bulldogs 6pm Friday (easier to get to at that time, Sydney team, massive chance for a win)

V Parramatta Saturday night - parra had plenty of fans there as well. It’s a big rivalry between the clubs as they are both based next to each other.

Campbelltown has shown it can generate support when we are winning, just as Leichhardt has shown it can get rubbish crowds for rubbish games.

I said after the first game v Melbourne when we got 9000 at commbank that’s crowds could get very poor this season as we were expected to be rubbish. Our home game average would be around 11000 at a guess. The team is playing poorly and aren’t going to drag in many casuals.

I grew up watching football at Leichhardt and will always be fond of the place. I have refereed on the ground, played football there, have many memories of games there. However I believe increasing the number of games there will help the club.
Good point you raise @Chicken_Faced_Killa re Us V out of town team Newcastle.....not a very attractive game as N'castle are nearly as :poop: as We are, so why would you bother to travel all the way from there to watch a :poop: team when you can watch the match in the comfort of your comfy recliner lounge chair. Fair dinkum people complain about travelling from the inner West of Sydney to Campbelltown.

So its no wonder the footy commentary team said there weren't many Newcastle jerseys in the crowd, which obviously means a much smaller overall crowd number.

Last edited:
Nope. Too far away and that's part of the problem. Went there for the game v Manly and was a 4 hour round trip from the Inner West. Never again .
Well if you drove your car there instead of riding your pushbike you shouda got there in approx 60 mins :ROFLMAO:.

P

Campbelltown faithwell always have excuses for crowds that are worse than a primary school swimming carnival.

How about the Tigers playing at Leichhardt at 6pm on a Friday night in the pouring rain against the then last placed Budogs and getting over 15,000 people to the game?

If that game was at Campbelltown in those in conditions there would have been 3000 people there.
Dont tell porkies Dude :ROFLMAO:

You had me until the last point. I don't have a problem if we moved to the South-West but the fan needs to be out in droves every game they get.

They don't do that so we should split games between the two areas.
I reckon the games WILL be split for some time to come Earl.
Our Chairman did say we have to embrace the South West areas, but that doesn't mean playing there full time YET.

The lower north shore won’t go cambo
Oh no of course they wont HT..... as they would have to look down their nose at the local inhabitants thinking ....who are these poor wretches.
Bloody snobs :ROFLMAO:.

Then how come the same "shit team" got good crowds at Leichhardt?

Just proves we shouldn't keep playing at Campbelltown. Do what Bulldogs do with Belmore and give Campbelltown 1 game a year. Maybe then the locals will make an effort.
You have form for these divisive posts
One ground will always get more than the other
This is a constant with you... Its all yiu have and I undstand our team gives us nothing to cheer about, this is your little victory.
If our team was successful and the crowd numbers the same I'd say you'd have a point.... But I guess even if we were successful one ground would usually get more than the other
Enjoy your piss weak, shallow victory

Last edited:
Let’s put some context around this:
Leichhardt games are considered event games by people in the area and they tend to show up no matter what. 3-4 games at Leichhardt is the right number to keep this going.

Leichhardt has a long history with the Balmain Tigers side of the joint venture whereas Campbelltown was new and not established for Western Suburbs.

This years games at Campbelltown:
V Warriors 6pm Friday (very hard ground to get to at that time and an OS team)

V Manly Sunday afternoon - decent crowd for this one given how we have been travelling.

V Knights Sunday afternoon when both teams are having terrible seasons. Not many want to watch that (I wish I didn’t)

This year at Leichhardt:
V Bulldogs 6pm Friday (easier to get to at that time, Sydney team, massive chance for a win)

V Parramatta Saturday night - parra had plenty of fans there as well. It’s a big rivalry between the clubs as they are both based next to each other.

Campbelltown has shown it can generate support when we are winning, just as Leichhardt has shown it can get rubbish crowds for rubbish games.

I said after the first game v Melbourne when we got 9000 at commbank that’s crowds could get very poor this season as we were expected to be rubbish. Our home game average would be around 11000 at a guess. The team is playing poorly and aren’t going to drag in many casuals.

I grew up watching football at Leichhardt and will always be fond of the place. I have refereed on the ground, played football there, have many memories of games there. However I believe increasing the number of games there will help the club.
Well said Chicken Face 👍

They will come if we are winning. History will show with Sydney clubs if you are at the bottom of the ladder your crowd attendance will be poor no matter which club you are.
Similarly if you are playing poorly at one home ground and with great crowds still won't win you footy games - point in case Newcastle.

Latest posts

Members online

Back