Can someone confirm this for me?

TIGERS

Back in 2005, in round one we lost, then we had the bye; Please confirm: Until this time, Scott Prince and Benji Marshall hadn't played together in the same match together. (each had appeared separately.

Then they started playing together the following round, and we won two absolutely thrilling games back to back against the Bulldogs and the Roosters. For me those were the 2 games where the WT finally arrived as a proper team.

I felt a similar breakthrough after the team beat souths last week. (obvs not the 2005 situation ofc). I heard a 'click' nonetheless.

HOWEVER, am I actually correct in recalling that iconic game against the doggies in 2005 was indeed the first time Prince and Marshall played together? Thanks.

Back in 2005, in round one we lost, then we had the bye; Please confirm: Until this time, Scott Prince and Benji Marshall hadn't played together in the same match together. (each had appeared separately.

Then they started playing together the following round, and we won two absolutely thrilling games back to back against the Bulldogs and the Roosters. For me those were the 2 games where the WT finally arrived as a proper team.

I felt a similar breakthrough after the team beat souths last week. (obvs not the 2005 situation ofc). I heard a 'click' nonetheless.

HOWEVER, am I actually correct in recalling that iconic game against the doggies in 2005 was indeed the first time Prince and Marshall played together? Thanks.
Disclaimer: Not getting ahead of myself.

Your right there are some similarities to that year in that our halves pairing, tactics and the generalcomposition of the side evolved after Easter.

That side against Souths had little to do with the side which became the mainstay for the rest of the year.

And our attack really developed with the Canterbury game on Easter Sunday with a FG win.

And Sheens is back in some capacity

according to Rugby League Project, the first time Marshall and Prince played together in the halves was in Round 10 2004 against the Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium. we won 26-12 that day.

they played in the halves twice more in Round 12 and 13 and then didn't see anymore of Benji until that day on Round 3 in 2005 when we beat the Bulldogs in a thriller. from there, you know the rest.

considering that Parra and Souths were the third and fourth times that Hastings and Brooks have played together, you'd be forgiven for thinking they've clicked at a similar time. going to be very interesting viewing from here.

according to Rugby League Project, the first time Marshall and Prince played together in the halves was in Round 10 2004 against the Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium. we won 26-12 that day.

they played in the halves twice more in Round 12 and 13 and then didn't see anymore of Benji until that day on Round 3 in 2005 when we beat the Bulldogs in a thriller. from there, you know the rest.

considering that Parra and Souths were the third and fourth times that Hastings and Brooks have played together, you'd be forgiven for thinking they've clicked at a similar time. going to be very interesting viewing from here.
The first time they appeared together was in 2004 rd 2 but Benji was in the centres with Wilson.
As halves as you said was in rd 10 when they beat Raiders 26-12.
That team in 2004 was building nicely for 2005 success 👍

Members online

Back