Charlie Staines #262

He needs to lift his finishing. He has already bombed 2 tries this year and we can't afford to do that. He just seems like he isn't reading the game in attack and isn't getting himself in the right spot.

He is never going to be a big meter eater or power player so he needs to be finishing any half chance he gets.

little impact in anything he does, and looks totally un-enthusiastic when he plays for us, as if he wishes he was anywhere else! get been like that from day 1 unfortunately.

He needs to lift his finishing. He has already bombed 2 tries this year and we can't afford to do that. He just seems like he isn't reading the game in attack and isn't getting himself in the right spot.

He is never going to be a big meter eater or power player so he needs to be finishing any half chance he gets.
Can we get Corey Thompson back?

Agreed. He's our weak link at the moment. I'd give Lobb a go. Bigger body, better hit-ups, amazing in the air... the only thing he doesn't have that Staines does is speed, but we are yet to see that from Charlie so I'd make the swap.

The
Tigers need to prioritise two electric wingers for the seasons ahead. We need speed, finishing and players that can get metres out of trouble.
only thing I will say in Staines defense is that when he tore his bowel last year it was a very serious injury and took him a long time out of the game...he maybe lacking confidence through that situation and could need time in KOE cup to get it back,,,I think he is a reasonable player and hopefully can get back to his best....

14 runs for 127 meters isn't terrible, I don't think Lobb would be any better and in fact probably worse. If we could find 50% better from Naden or Alaimalo then fine but im not sure we can.

little impact in anything he does, and looks totally un-enthusiastic when he plays for us, as if he wishes he was anywhere else! get been like that from day 1 unfortunately.
Excuse me but what a load of nonsense! Before his injury last year he was playing with a lot of enthusiasm and impact in the fullback and wing positions. His injury was unfortunate and a serious one. Obviously, he's just getting into his stride again. Sure he's made one or two mistakes but he's also been starved of opportunities. He's one of the genuinely quick guys we have and we need to persevere with him. Besides, we have no one else at the moment.

Charlie is very ordinary.
He is so ineffective.
I was guilty of thinking he was a keeper because of his speed but when you look at his other attributes we have to aim higher. Yesterday showed we have the pack to go against most sides we just need more strike out wide to compete with the top 8 teams.

I was guilty of thinking he was a keeper because of his speed but when you look at his other attributes we have to aim higher. Yesterday showed we have the pack to go against most sides we just need more class out wide to compete with the top 8 teams.
Seems to let the game play out
Come in and do something , just because.

He's making up the numbers.
I'm not a fan.

14 runs for 127 meters isn't terrible, I don't think Lobb would be any better and in fact probably worse. If we could find 50% better from Naden or Alaimalo then fine but im not sure we can.

The reggies aren’t making a case for themselves
Lobb abd Alaimalo were average and Naden again with a head high hit in his game back.

The whole team played great. Same team next week. Staines is playing ok.
Some of you people cannot help yourselves. Win, lose or draw you have to criticize. Give it a rest.
We need that ruthless mentality to get off the bottom of the table.

Staines would be better in attack if he positioned himself closer to the sideline to receive a lobbed pass from Galvin

Back