Chris Lawrence...

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
My favorite Wests Tigers Player….

But he had a bit of a stinker tonight....

Did I hear correctly on 9 that Wests Tigers are looking to extend his contract....

Hope so.......... :pray:

One of the rare bad ones for Chris. Still, he's been so good for us he's entitled to have a down night. The try wasn't bad though.

dropped those 2 balls early but showed his class after that. his try was awesome, people always rate jennings and the morris boys as the fastest in the nrl but lawry has out sprinted them and slater to the try line so far in his career.

BTW that try is why im a firm believer in him playing fullback or wing, imo he doesnt see enough space at centre

3 dropped balls in the first 15 minutes was very poor, but he gradually came good I thought, and his second half try was great to see. We haven't seen him in open space enough this season. Hopefully his hands are sticky next week. And yes, apparently the Tigers are looking to extend his contract at the moment.

I'd be down too if I was overlooked for Origin for Idris. Josh Morris or Jennings maybe BUT IDRIS, Tahu and Cooper?

Depressing stuff.

@MacDougall said:
I'd be down too if I was overlooked for Origin for Idris. Josh Morris or Jennings maybe BUT IDRIS, Tahu and Cooper?

Depressing stuff.

If that was the case then he's not made for origin, but we both know thats not true, he just had one of those nights, he's definitely a keeper and Im glad Wests are looking to lock him up

His defense has some real sting to it. Crunched a lot of blokes out there tonight, was very safe.

Dropped a couple but made up for it I thought.

All in all probably a 6 out of 10 game. I wouldn't let him go thats for sure.

couple of bad drops but through a fantastic ball to Lote for one try and his effort to score was outstanding aswell, I agree on the speed thing he gets very little said about how fast he is but I can't ever remember him getting run down.

I can remember Todd Carney running away from him in Canberra, to score a match winning try.

@bob56 said:
I can remember Todd Carney running away from him in Canberra, to score a match winning try.

I think that was a bit of an elusion. Lawrence went in for the tackle and Carney gave him a good fend which propelled Todd forward and pushed Lawrence back. It gave Carney a great head start and Lawrence nearly caught him on the line.

@bob56 said:

That was back when Lawrence couldn't defend.

Now I'd put him up there with some of the best defenders at the club

@Geo. said:
Did I hear correctly on 9 that Wests Tigers are looking to extend his contract….

Doesn't he already have 2 years left on his contract?

That was a great piece of backline set play. Fitzhenry injecting with the ability to play out as he did or run the inside line to draw a man and give the overlap. Just a smart play

Was below his best tonight. However, I did like his try, I wish he backed himself more often in the clear, instead of just drawing the fullback and passing.

@Geo. said:
My favorite Wests Tigers Player….

But he had a bit of a stinker tonight....

Did I hear correctly on 9 that Wests Tigers are looking to extend his contract....

jeez they were sure talking him up somewhat…21 and 46 tries or something? i hope we resign him aswell!!

@crouching_tiger said:
Can't believe he bombed that sitter Fitzy put him away for!!

Maybe Chris posts on this forum and didn't want Fitzy to look too good. :smiley:

Back