Chris lawrence

tiger_tigers

has now imo reached the heights of an origin player ….his defence this year has gone to the next level , and i wont be surprised if he is a bolter for the test squad ....i thought he was our best tonight ....

His defence is great, as far as being a bolter for the roo tour, dont think so yet when you consider they have Hodges, Inglis, Folou, Lyon, and Jennings + the likes of Cooper and Monaghan who always seem to be around the squad for some reason.

He needs to keep defending well, and make his mark with some tries so the selectors notice him.

No-one had a bad game tonight.
And I still think there is more improvment left.
Thats why I'm pretty excited about the tiges atm.

Defensively going great guns…needs some ball to show his attacking prowess.

@Jazza said:
His defence is great, as far as being a bolter for the roo tour, dont think so yet when you consider they have Hodges, Inglis, Folou, Lyon, and Jennings + the likes of Cooper and Monaghan who always seem to be around the squad for some reason.

He needs to keep defending well, and make his mark with some tries so the selectors notice him.

why would lyon get selected ? and coopers had his day in the sun …...

@tiger tigers said:
@Jazza said:

why would lyon get selected ? and coopers had his day in the sun …...

I wouldnt select em, but the media and "selectors" seem to have wraps on those guys so I think they would be considered.

But… I just remembered, Sheensy is the coach so maybe not.

Defence was outstanding tonight. Made several key tackles. He slipped off a couple, but generally he got up and chased the player back down.

I still wish he was scoring more tries, but for the most part since he returned from injury he has been doing great work getting Tuiaki over the line.

Had his best game since returning from injury. Defended strongly and got more ball although it would have been nice to see him hit some holes.

I'd love to see Lawrence score a few more tries, but only if they are not at the expense of Tuiaki scoring. I want Tuiaki to get the leading try scorer award at the end of the year!

Lawrence made it look like Lyon was not out there. He did his job to perfection

Lawrence defensively has been amazing this year.

His attack is strong however the one negative to his game in my opinion is his work rate. He needs to get in there and do some of the hard yards, as in more hitups (like tuiaki usually does). Its not a centres role, however when you have the pace and size of Lawrence, your hitups are more effective than the majority of the team.

Lawrence's defencive reads are his most valuable asset. How many times does he come in and snuff out a backline move with a great outside in tackle on an opossing center. Which nulifies any overlaps they may have. Very tenashious in the actual tackle as well. Hates being beaten and will always make up for it if he does get beaten. I recon he is still on the improve. Sure everyone has a shocker from time to time but overall he has the spirit to go all the way to the green and gold. He was in my soo squad this year, Would have loved to see him take Hodges and Ingles out of the game.

he has been heavily marked this year however this is creating space for tuaki, cant complain about that

I thought he was our best defender and I can't believe how much his defensive game has flipped….just one year ago he was a major liability, but now he is a machine

BTW, who was Man of the Match last night?

He is a gun. I'm liking his passing game now.

Benji is creating a bit of space and Lawrence is dishing it off to Tuiaki perfectly.

That side is real good.

Back