Club depth

Yossarian

P12 W2 L10?

And most of those 10 losses have been heavy losses. The junior teams are struggling. Where is the direction? We're sinking into a massive hole and unless things change the future is bleak. I can't remember ever feeling as apprehensive about the future.

JT sold/released all of our depth to fund a personal vendetta he had against Farah & Curtis Sironen. It's a simple as that. Because we're paying over $1mil for players to play for other clubs, we don't have cap room for depth & the results are showing this. I'm really concerned as to how this will impact the development of some of our good young juniors like Bayley Sironen, Masters, Paseka, Tatola etc who are getting beat up every week in Intrust Super Premiership because the team doesn't have any old heads in it to steer them around. There were a few years there when we had very successful teams across the board because a group of 6/7 players in reserve grade were quality players at that level, but were happy to play there every week & weren't sulking when they didn't get promoted - guys like Farlow, Gower, Meaney, Bennett, Hanbury, Schirnack bros, Davis. We need some players of that ilk back in the club & helping our good young juniors grow up.

We have a lot of free cash for next season, which is why I think its so important that we get this new coach in as soon as possible. The lower grade teams are still part of the club and the game plan and a new coach needs time to set up our new game plan and team.

@ said:
JT sold/released all of our depth to fund a personal vendetta he had against Farah & Curtis Sironen. It's a simple as that. Because we're paying over $1mil for players to play for other clubs, we don't have cap room for depth & the results are showing this. I'm really concerned as to how this will impact the development of some of our good young juniors like Bayley Sironen, Masters, Paseka, Tatola etc who are getting beat up every week in Intrust Super Premiership because the team doesn't have any old heads in it to steer them around. There were a few years there when we had very successful teams across the board because a group of 6/7 players in reserve grade were quality players at that level, but were happy to play there every week & weren't sulking when they didn't get promoted - guys like Farlow, Gower, Meaney, Bennett, Hanbury, Schirnack bros, Davis. We need some players of that ilk back in the club & helping our good young juniors grow up.

So what you are saying is we wouldnt have depth issues if we still had Farah and Sironen?

It's a bad situation alright. In recent years, even when the first grade side was struggling you could always depend on the junior teams performing quite well and being up there when it counted. Not so now though, they're crap all the way through! Our lack of depth and inability to hang onto some of our better junior prospects has been exposed big time this year.

I reckon the depth of the hole we are in is pretty close to right , wouldn't be much sunlight at that level

I wonder what rock bottom is …...

Maybe JT had an issue with the tigers paying overs for all players. 750+ for Farah yes 10 yrs ago he could command that pay but last few yrs ?? How much would of broncos storm pay him ?
Sironen estimate 200k ffs and we wonder why he let players go ?

@ said:
Maybe JT had an issue with the tigers paying overs for all players. 750+ for Farah yes 10 yrs ago he could command that pay but last few yrs ?? How much would of broncos storm pay him ?
Sironen estimate 200k ffs and we wonder why he let players go ?

RF's salary wasn't a reflection of his current worth, it was a back ended deal. so when he was worth more we paid him less to stay under the cap.

We barely have 17 abled first graders let alone depth. Quite a few in our squad would struggle to be sufficient depth for other sides. The club needs one of its biggest playing roster overhauls in its history over the summer if we are to compete next season. Enough of this investing in juniors crap. We need outside resources and we need them bad.

The only solution is to use all of our forthcoming CAP money NOW, not later this year, to sign new quality players for the 2018 season. At the end of the season the club can decide which of our current players they do not need, and there will be many, to complete a new look 2018 Wests Tigers side.

From my understanding, no player outside of the Top 25 are really being payed much at all… I figured this was done to set us up for the 2018 season buying spree, and ensure 2nd tier cap doesnt bit us again.

Old NSW Cup stock who wouldnt accept a sharp decrease at the end of last year where let go.

All 3 grades will go close to collecting the spoon this season. Embarrassing but it is what it is.

McQueen just accepted a deal from us. Not a bad signing for the money. 400k a season for 3 years.

The scary thing is that out of all the clubs we have the least injuries, how are we gonna look when we start getting a few?

Sharks supporters are reporting the impending loss of Capewell. Nice pick up if true because he can play.

Latest posts

Back