Collis' defence

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
One of the major sour points of Collis' game at the start of the year was his poor reads in defence. He continually shifted too wide and let players get in side him.

Well, it happened again today with the roosters making significant inroads through collis.

I was a massive fan of his, but now i'm glad he is going.
Ayshford > Collis

yea i agree his defensive reads 2day wer overall poor i thought. ashyford and lawrence is the way to go

He had a pretty good attacking game, still suspect in defense though.

Lawry > Aysh > Collis

Just goes to show how much Lawrence is our backs defensive leader….

Did everyone realise we had Morris, Collis, Ryan back together again...

God, I can not wait until he goes to the Sharks. :unamused: ( LOL you know why Deano!)

@Geo. said:

And didn't it stand out?! The Crew was back together again. Reunited once more. Let's hope it's the last time. It made me vomit. I'll be praying the rosary, lighting candles to make sure Lawrence and Gallant are back for next week, otherwise Collis and Morris at Centre and in the Halves respectively…..Season OVER!

@tiger3 said:
God, I can not wait until he goes to the Sharks. :unamused: ( LOL you know why Deano!)

oh look out, Dean's mum is back on here :slight_smile:

@Geo. said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that combo, but Morris went alright today I must say. Collis was average, he missed 3 tackles but made a couple of good ones. His attack was ok but the Tigers attack was flat today. We definitely missed Lawrence though.

i hope lawrence is back next week. collis went ok for someone who has not played 1st grade for so long.

also, ever since lawrence has come back from injury, he has not played his best. i remember before he got injured, he used to bust through n cause havoc in attack every game. now he's not making as many meters. i hope 2 c him in open space again soon in full flight beating defenders to the try line.

by stryker » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 8:36 pm
>
tiger3 wrote:
God, I can not wait until he goes to the Sharks. ( LOL you know why Deano!)
>
oh look out, Dean's mum is back on here

How long did it take you to come up with that line champ? :unamused:

Mate,I'm on this forum to talk about our team,footy and footy players - not to get personal with fellow fans,like all of us, who are entitled to their opinions. Let's keep it that way…

I thought Collis went ok would prefer him to Asyford this guy is to slow for center maybe a lock later on but for me not up to nrl standed yet seems to me he gets a bit lost at times Bengi was looking for him on that side all day went to Collis side and Ryan was in ,we dont need guys getting lost and not sure what to do when we want to get to the semies

Smeghead mate not just Pritchard Davis also could be in the mix Blake to me gets lost if he was at lock that would relive him at this stage of his career not to make snap decissons as in the centers he is a lock. The other two are centers and playing great footy ,they are quick strong in defence both in the Lawewence style and look how we missed Lawerence yesterday. Be kind to me buddy

Davis maybe but in reality the right centre has to defend in the halves spot and Pritchard would not handle that IMO.

I don't see a problem with the way Ayshford is developing in the centres to be honest. It was a mistake to move him to the left side of the field for the Roosters game. Moving a player without need for mine. Collis should have played left side and leave the right structure alone. It was where we have been weak until Ayshford stepped up to the plate and has tightened up alot not just through his efforts but through the combination formed.

Yes Blake does need to work out when to give it a little more frequently but I am not that worried as I would rather he play safer in the bigger games the back end of the year

Back