Collis - Officially GONE

Not really worried, will never be the future rep star some people thought he would be. Still could be a solid first grader with a decent run without injury. Still I'm a little worried about the amount of players we are letting go and no major signings!

And this will officially do me.
At only 23,here is another junior we have developed only to let him kick on elsewhere. But don't worry,Sheens will replace this major talent with yet another half baked park footballer :angry:
My mail is that the Club is not happy about this one…
However,the best possible thing for Collis will be being coached by someone other than Sheens and Stuart is exactly what he needs. The baboons at Concord have had their chance with him and blew it. He will resurrect his Rep career in 2010 and go on to be the giant killer he was destined to be.

It's okay to talk about Ayshford and Lawrence but the good sides have some depth about them. Personally I think its a poor move on our part - we're talking about a guy in his early 20s. It would be different if he was 30 or even 28\. Oh well time will tell I guess.

Hello to everyone on the new forum!

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:
Now its official, if he comes straight back into the team this week after weeks out ahead of Ayshford it will be a disgrace.

Bye bye Dean, hopefully you've played your last game for the Tigers.

He should have played his last game given the circumstanses….get fully fit in reserve grade....he could be handy if we resurect '09 come the backend of the year...

Ayshford should stay in the centres for the rest of the year without doubt...

P.S. love the avatar...is that your little bloke...

Nah, thats not my young bloke, it just represents how i feel about season 09 haha

@tiger3 said:
At only 23,here is another junior we have developed only to let him kick on elsewhere. But don't worry,Sheens will replace this major talent with yet another half baked park footballer :angry:
However,the best possible thing for Collis will be being coached by someone other than Sheens and Stuart is exactly what he needs. The baboons at Concord have had their chance with him and blew it. He will resurrect his Rep career in 2010 and go on to be the giant killer he was destined to be.

Afraid I don't share your optimism for Collis…tiger3

Hope he proves me wrong....Why is it when the club does get rid of underperforming, injury prone talented players who haven't realised their potental at the Club it's always the wrong one....?

Yep ....that's right it's Sheens fault for being so loyal and given them a gazzillion chances to prove themselves here...

Who are the players that have we let go that have become the superstars of league.....?

Farah, Marshall and Lawrence aren't bad juniors to have held onto....

Nah, thats not my young bloke, it just represents how i feel about season 09 haha

And the little bloke sums it up perfectly!!! Well Done! :laughing:

The Jury is out for me on this one….it's probably the best for Dean and the Club in the long run.

Bet he scores 2 tries against us the first time he comes up against the Tigers next year

Sorry about the bad quote everyone,haven't worked out all the new buttons yet :blush:

Collis to me is a classy player who has been dogged by injuries for two seasons. If it was my call I would have kept him. Although we have all been giving Sheens plenty for not making personnel changes over the past few seasons so Iam willing to back Sheens on this one and just maybe they are about to pull the rabbit out of the hat!.

At least our salary cap woes must have been put to bed surly by now and all the Noyce days will be behind us

@Iron Tiger said:
i still don't get what goes on with Collis' goalkicking. he looks to be our best option for goal kicking, but can't do it becuase of an injury.

Can't kick a ball, but can play first grade NRL?

I don't get that either, if you can't have a shot at goal then how can you handle the rigors of NRL footy? :confused:

Showed a lot of potential, gave us nothing, all the best to ya Dean. NEXT!

@Zaibatsu said:
@Chris said:
Showed a lot of potential, gave us nothing

A common occurance for some of our players in recent seasons unfortunately :frowning:

Sadly some are still with us. Perhaps that shows they are that bad that they're not wanted by anyone.

@tiger3 said:

Who delivers you're mail? Weren't you the one saying Collis was staying put at the Tigers?

Anyway, can't say I'm all that broken up about this, baring the game against the Dogs last year, he has rarely looked like a first grader these past few seasons. But having said that, good luck to Dean, he's a talented bloke and I hope he kills it for the Sharks like Taps is for the Raiders. But just like Harrison, I didn't want to sit around waiting years on end for him to fulfill his potential at the Tigers.

Collis may be sorely missed by the club over the next few years. But then again, he may not be. Time, as always, will tell.

He has always seemed to be a player with potential. He never reached that here. That was probably due to injury, but who knows…

I was one of his early fan bois.

I was wrong , now I am happy the Sharks have him.

Thought he had a fair chance early this season to show "something".

Its hard to have a clean out of players if we don't let some go… so far so good.

gl to Collis hope he lives up to his early potential.

Sharks are the new titans for us
Expect this time
they are acctually doing us a favour…

Time to move on for all concerned ….Hope Dean does well at his new club getting tied of having players on the injury list for extended periods does nothing for all involved.

@tiger3 said:

Major talent? Collis isn't bad, but he's hardly proven himself to be a major talent. I'm not quite sure how the Tigers coaching staff blew it with him either. I do know for a fact that Sheens has always thought VERY highly of Collis and let's be honest, he's had more than a couple of seasons to develop himself into a top shelf centre. Instead he has spent the better part of the last two seasons sitting on the sidelines while still being paid and apart from his hattrick against Newcastle this season, he has been way down on confidence and not performing. This isn't having a go at him, this is just the way it has unfolded. I'm not sorry to see him go because apart from a decent 2006, he's been mostly average and needs a change, so hopefully going to the Sharks works out well for him.

Staff online

Back