Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Geo said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066733) said:
@Jimmy said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066729) said:
If we do loose Ryan there are only two options that will statisfy me
A. Package deal with Reynolds swapping for AJ n Arrow
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

@Jimmy can’t argue with that.I trust that Maguire will make this situation a win for us. he will be filthy with all this and will make someone pay.

Cant wait to see what plays out.Talking hypothetically, if Ryan is released he has put himself under a lot of pressure. If Madge made him the player is currently and he gets paid more and performances go backwards, imagine the backlash...I know I’m getting ahead of myself but he really stepped up a level this year, amazing what hard work will do for you.

@tiger05premier said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066734) said:
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

Or maybe start dropping the news that he thinks he knows. . .

B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

Probably end up with Ryan James and Sami (just a guess)

Read some story about Eels announcing a back row signing very soon.

Matterson to Eels my guess.

We probably end up with Chris Sandow

@The_Patriot said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066736) said:
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

What would be the advantage to the Titans to release two of their best players who are under contract ...Then of course you need the players themselves to want to come...Brimson will be their fullback now Gordon is retired and Arrow could probably have his choice of Clubs should he leave..and probably on more than Ryan Matterson and what they would be prepared to pay for Josh Reynolds..and that we could offer them..doubt they would come cheap..

We would defo be in front on those trades but I don't see what benefit the Titans would get...

Tyson Frizzell looks like a Rorters signing to me..

@Tweed_Tiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066715) said:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/26/the-get-out-clause-in-seibolds-broncos-contract

**Maguire softens approach**

A lot has been said about disgruntled Wests Tigers forward Ryan Matterson during the past fortnight, in particularly his relationship with coach Michael Maguire.

While Matterson isn't a fan of Maguire's coaching approach, the Tigers mentor has tried to look after his best forward as recently as the final round of the season.

In the week leading into the club's biggest game of the year, the do-or-die showdown against the Sharks at Leichhardt Oval, Matterson approached the coach and asked for a day off.

Matterson told Maguire was feeling flat, and in turn the coach then gave him the day off and he consequently sat out the team's training session on the Wednesday before the game.

Maguire was made aware some time ago there had been rumblings around Matterson's feelings towards him, but when the coach confronted his back-rower about it, the 24-year-old denied there was an issue.

It wasn't the message Matterson was giving to others, nor was it the message coming from his management to the club.

Sounds more and more like a massive flog with each report coming out

Random question if it all ends wierd and matto is woth is next year are you cheering him. I know i will wont be easy but a tiger is a tiger

@hodgo I don't think we have to worry about that. The likelihood of him being here is less than the chance we be kicked out of the comp imo.

@hodgo said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066747) said:
Random question if it all ends wierd and matto is woth is next year are you cheering him. I know i will wont be easy but a tiger is a tiger

People hated Farah, people hate Brooks. It’s not something that is unheard of if they turn on Matterson.

I'd cheer Manson if he played well for us.

Don't think he'll be getting many 3 2 1 votes tbh..

@Geo said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066744) said:
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

What would be the advantage to the Titans to release two of their best players who are under contract ...Then of course you need the players themselves to want to come...Brimson will be their fullback now Gordon is retired and Arrow could probably have his choice of Clubs should he leave..and probably on more than Ryan Matterson and what they would be prepared to pay for Josh Reynolds..and that we could offer them..doubt they would come cheap..

We would defo be in front on those trades but I don't see what benefit the Titans would get...

So what do you think we will get for Matterson?

@avocadoontoast said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066752) said:
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

No Idea..but I'm of the firm belief he shouldn't be released..

Time to knock the dust of the doormat....

@avocadoontoast My honest thoughts are we will get nothing and just release him..
We are a walk over and would love to be wrong and would rather play him in CC and we be short in salary cap next year just to prove we are not going to roll over.. Time will tell but hoping this is sorted this year but its the tigers we are talking about..

@hsvjones If that happens, then I and probably many others will be very disappointed. I'm certainly not confident it won't though.

@hsvjones said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066754) said:
@avocadoontoast My honest thoughts are we will get nothing and just release him..
We are a walk over and would love to be wrong and would rather play him in CC and we be short in salary cap next year just to prove we are not going to roll over.. Time will tell but hoping this is sorted this year but its the tigers we are talking about..

Were we a walk over during the Cleary saga? And playing him in CC for 2 years isn’t beneficial to anybody.

@Geo said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066753) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066752) said:
B. Tyson Frizzzzzzel

You'll be disappointed..

Stop being so negative

No Idea..but I'm of the firm belief he shouldn't be released..

Time to knock the dust of the doormat....

Agree. Either we upgrade through trading him or he stays put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back