Congrats Fitzy

Fitzy was great tonight…

very safe,,,,heavily involved in attack and defence....kicks for repeat sets and strong out of dummy half....

Well done Fitzhenry....

Nice to have a positive thread for once....hats off Softlaw..

Thought he was very safe tonight again.

Is a fish out of water compared with the speed and skill of the rest of the backline and far too often the play does die with him.

However he was hammered a number of times tonight and kept getting up and trying. Can not ask more of him.

Great game Fitzy and Daniella!

These guys cop more than there share of flack on this site but they really stood tall tonight.

Hold your heads up high boys.

Oh, and add Lui to that list too - all class

@softlaw said:
That try saver in the 2nd set of 6 set the tone. Great tackle & he was solid from there on in.

didn't think he had a chance of stopping a try from being scored.
most times the fullback doesn't make that tackle.

he was far from "great" geo, he was good though, but they have to stop getting him being a ball player in the line, he really does kill most our attacking moves when he gets involved, but again he did what an average fullback should do, he got caught out a couple times on short kicks too

Jeez Ron, you are a hard task master!

Can't you be happy with the team when they perform well for once. I know they were fairly rusty on their feet for the first 30 mins, but the young blokes are improving and showing a lot of class.

Lui, Dwyer, Fifita all had solid games. It was the performance we needed.

I thought he played better last week, however, he certainly backed up his form from last week.

Strange thread
Strange game too…all our blokes went well, but really nothing was thrown at them

edit...and here come the insincere condescending posts thick & fast

Oh come on Ink.
There was quite a bit thrown at them in the first 20, mainly because we made so many stupid mistakes it wasn;t funny.
Fitzy made none of those mistakes and cleaned up a couple of them.
That trysaver at the very start was vital and was a high quality tackle. None of our fullbacks since Hodgo would have made that tackle. We get scored against there the game could have been very very different.
I'm happy McKinnon is coming in to fullback but Fitzy deserves credit tonight.

:laughing: Lighten up Innk…..

Love how when we towel a team it's cause they where crap...they where very physical and where allowed leeway in the Ruck...

How about they played as good as We let them....

Fitzy did a lot of very good things...stopped a try....repeat sets with kick ...put Heighno away in one of the best constructed plays I've seen in ages...

I'll give credit where it's due, he was quite good tonight. Aside from that missed tackle on Locke down the sideline (which thankfully didn't result in a try) he was safe and very handy in defence.

@innsaneink said:
Strange thread
Strange game too…all our blokes went well, but really nothing was thrown at them

edit...and here come the insincere condescending posts thick & fast

ink your spot on about the strange …. i thought they actually had the better of us until we put on the two tries before halftime .. then we just clicked.....at 6-0 i was thinking how will the warriors score a point ,,,, then we let them into the game .....well for a brief moment .....

Fitzy was great tonight - solid defence, two elegent and well weighted kicks, got crushed as a decoy, and got straight(ish) back up.

The headache is going to be what to do with ayshford when he comes back - particularly if daniella keeps up his current form…

@Geo. said:
:laughing: Lighten up Innk…..

Love how when we towel a team it's cause they where crap...they where very physical and where allowed leeway in the Ruck...

How about they played as good as We let them....

Fitzy did a lot of very good things...stopped a try....repeat sets with kick ...put Heighno away in one of the best constructed plays I've seen in ages...

damn forums shitting itself, youre right the first 20 was very tight and we matched them, we held them, but I guess if they werent crap then that makes them good?
They were crap, but we were good, and fitzy was "awesome"

His kicking game in the Warriors half was actually better thn what Farah and Marshall have offered for large chunks of the season. That in itself is scary

@smeghead said:
His kicking game in the Warriors half was actually better thn what Farah and Marshall have offered for large chunks of the season. That in itself is scary

but don't forget in 2003 our attack consisted of a fitzy kick for johnny whitelegs.
of wilsons 16 tries it seemed at least 10 were from fitzys boot.

Bon I forgot about Fitzy's sensational grubbers. They were actually very good and it was one of our few attacking options at the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back