Contract Upgrades

sjtiger

Just a few quick questions;

How much $$$ do you think the tigers are going to be putting aside to upgrade the contracts of up & comers like Dwyer; Akeripa; Mataka; Woods; Lui (the ones that stand out atm)

Is this why there are no current forward signings-easier to manage Salary Cap from within?

Do you think Management are banking on these young forwards (bar Lui here), to come through hence the heavy outlay on outsde backs for 2010.

p.s. Hopefully the Sam Burgess rumour is true; google his name to watch his hit on Fui Fui :smiling_imp: . He's a big man & a much needed prop.

I think your bang on the money….It's a Gamble add to that list Fafita...as the next crop of hopefuls...

We still need an experienced Prop or 2 I just pray it's not Adam Woolnough....

Matt Scott or Kade Snowden will do me fine

No idea how much money we are putting aside for them. I would assume minimum to very low contracts for the young players that have not tasted first grade yet.

Given the 3 outside backs we have officially signed, and Josh Massoud reporting that we also have Taumata in the bag, I would like to think we are talking to at least 1 big unit that can play. And like yourself Geo, I hope it's Scott or Snowden. Ross could be on the cards but he's a far bigger gamble than those two players.

If you think about it, last year we promoted 5 from NYC from a lesser team… So I would expect at least the same & probably more... the likes of Lui, Dwyer & Woods would be the first i'd look at, then A.Fifita, J.Shirnack, Hyland, Nicholls, Florimo & Mullany are all worth looking at as well.

Obviously any that are still eligible for the NYC should have their contracts through that cap, but any that are not need serios consideration of promotion either to NRL or BRET & WS

Back