Corey Thompson

@ said:
That sucks…I think Fonua might be rushed back next week, he did say on members day either st George or Canberra

If that's the case i would prefer Kevin to the wing and Founa to the centers.

@ said:
@ said:
That sucks…I think Fonua might be rushed back next week, he did say on members day either st George or Canberra

If that's the case i would prefer Kevin to the wing and Founa to the centers.

Ya I'd say that's the gameplan

He has had an excellent season hope he has a complete and speedy recovery.Looking forward to watching him play for us next year.
A very gutsy player

@ said:
@ said:
Requires surgery - out for the year.
https://twitter.com/proshenks/status/1025696450838126594?s=19

Bad luck Corey, be proud of what you have achieved this year.
:slight_smile: Thank you for your great effort.

Well said Tah.
Extremely proud as a fan to have Corey representing our club, he is everything you could want in a player. Tough, determined, courageous and humble. What a champ.
Best of luck with your recovery Corey, can't wait to see you bust your guts for WT next year and beyond mate, you are the ultimate clubman.

Wests Tigers winger Corey Thompson will reportedly miss the rest of the season after suffering an ankle injury in their win over Newcastle. Thompson didn't finish the game at McDonald Jones Stadium due to the ankle concern, and The Sun-Herald's Adrian Proszenko says the 28-year-old's season is over.

Proszenko confirmed Thompson will have to undergo surgery on the ankle.

"Bad news for the finals charge of Wests Tigers," Proszenko tweeted. It's another blow to the joint venture's finals hopes, with the Warriors upsetting the Dragons 18-12 at WIN Stadium on Saturday, putting a huge dent in the Tigers' top eight chances. The Warriors (26 points, eighth spot) have now put a four competition point gap between themselves and the Tigers (22 points, ninth spot) with only four games left in the regular season.

Even if the Tigers win their remaining four games, they still wouldn't be guaranteed a finals spot.

On Friday night, the Tigers survived a late scare to secure a 25-16 victory over the Knights.

Newcastle got within six points with still 17 minutes remaining, but a Luke Brooks field goal five minutes from full-time sealed the result.
Corey Thompson requires surgery on an ankle injury suffered in Friday night, his season is over with 4 rounds left. No word on nature of injury yet, will still likely will be ready for majority of pre-season

:sign:

He plays on injured and in pain that would put us here on our backs, and he cops criticism here?
Poor form, if all our team had his attitude all year we'd be in the 8 no doubt

Had a good year (all be it not as good as some people may say). He won us the game vs the roosters once when some wingers wouldn't have scored, but the had the chance to win it for us against the Roosters at the SFS, but unfortunately with his size he just got rag dolled.

Good year all round. Happy to have him in 1st Grade next year, though would consider options as there is better out there (all be it probably not better for the price we paid).

If he isn't players player for the year, the rest of the team are nuts. BIG loss for us.

Bad news for Corey. One of our real stars this year, only had one bad game against the Titans and everything has been pretty much spun gold from the guy.

Top bloke and a huge loss. The new standard for a commited consistent WT player.
All the best mate.

Hope the ankle heals well and he comes back stronger. Love his commitment and what he brings to the team

He’s a great example of why you should not a judge a player till he’s played in our colours. There have been so many players over the years who got a new lease on life at our club. Mitch Brown, Blake Austin, Taupau, now Thompson Always bound to find a few diamonds when you can’t attract big name players.
Reed this again

We have to find these diamonds again. To complement the gold coming through. I feel its coming

We have to find these diamonds again. To complement the gold coming through. I feel its coming
Why not one year for him as developement coach after as backup winger for a year. Only play when you can. I feel he desevers something coz he put in everything.

Back