Corey Thompson

Oh Hell Nooooo ... He is the most consistent player we have and to see him leave would be a joke..
Very Strange we are not hearing alot about recruitment - Is this because the Nos is still away ?

@Russell
Yeah I have nothing on this story, but I think we should bite the bullet on Josh. I know it’s a lot of money but we will hopefully benefit in the end.

@happy_tiger said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014207) said:
Hope we keep him but we do need some speed in that backline

Yeah my view is that he's probably our most consistent outside back so he should be re-signed as even if we pick up another quality outside back or two he'd still be a very handy depth player.

@CarltonDry said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014088) said:
@TIGER said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014084) said:
@CarltonDry said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014081) said:
But we have a 6 ft 6 winger in reserve grade that could be anything. If Tommos manager wants to overprice him then unfortunately he has to go no matter how much you like him

Who?
Whats his 60 and 100m times?

It’s Kane Bradley and I’m not his sprint coach but he covers the ground well.
Do you know Corey’s 60 and 100m times?

Just think that if we're going to let Thomo go, it better be for a tackle busting flyer who's safe as safes.

@TIGER said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014228) said:
But we have a 6 ft 6 winger in reserve grade that could be anything. If Tommos manager wants to overprice him then unfortunately he has to go no matter how much you like him

Who?

Just think that if we're going to let Thomo go, it better be for a tackle busting flyer who's safe as safes.

And that's the thing. Thompson has been a great buy for us but if we're replacing him with someone better, then so be it.

@avocadoontoast said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014232) said:

Who?

And that's the thing. Thompson has been a great buy for us but if we're replacing him with someone better, then so be it.

There's others I'd let go of first to make that big signing and still retain Thommo.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014239) said:

Who?

There's others I'd let go of first to make that big signing and still retain Thommo.

Me too. Don't get me wrong, I think Thommo is awesome and has been a fantastic signing. But who else is off contract? The best solution would be if we could get someone to take Nofo off our hands. It appears on face value he's not in Maguire's future plans and he's on good money.

@avocadoontoast said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014242) said:

Who?

Me too. Don't get me wrong, I think Thommo is awesome and has been a fantastic signing. But who else is off contract? The best solution would be if we could get someone to take Nofo off our hands. It appears on face value he's not in Maguire's future plans and he's on good money.

Fonua is off contract isn't he? Would rather he go than Thompson, especially with Corey's versatility as a solid fullback.

I think Nofo is around for another year or two.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014244) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014242) said:

Who?

Fonua is off contract isn't he? Would rather he go than Thompson, especially with Corey's versatility as a solid fullback.

I think Nofo is around for another year or two.

Absolutely, would take Thompson over Fonua every day of the week.

Who?

We've never seen him in the open so we don't know how fast he is. Apparently (according to a family friend) he used to be a halfback and then just kept growing as a kid. He was supposed to have been a good athlete but he still certainly needs to build into his frame as right now he's still pretty skinny. Even though he's over 101kgs

A full off season working on his speed and muscle mass and he could potentially be a Corey Oates type. He's a decent finisher and his long arms have allowed him to get some tries in the corner where the likes of Nof, Corey and Fonua couldn't.

And that’s the thing. Thompson has been a great buy for us but if we’re replacing him with someone better, then so be it.

Thing is, can WT get someone better, or even just able to adequately replace him that is ready to rumble in round one for the same dollars in our cap? Unlikely for mine.

Needs to be re-signed. I've got no doubt Kane Bradley will play FG,, not sure he's a long term winger though, but unless the club has someone better lined up from elsewhere, Corey needs to be re-signed.

Who?

I agree mate but the problem is they aren't off contract. If we had a choice, we would be keeping Thompson over Momorovski, Fonua, Mbye, Jennings, Nofolomu and maybe Masters. The problem is these guys are signed for another 1-2 years each.

If they were all off contract, it would be different. The positive thing is Maguire is really thinking carefully about who he signs, unlike Cleary who just threw a long contract to anyone. Imagine what the guys mentioned above are thinking if Corey just didn't get a contract straight up. They must be thinking they have to lift big time or they'll be shown the door next year.

I would offer Corey a basic contract, but if he wants to look elsewhere, then so be it, theres a lot that we lack and Thompson is good but he is replaceable.

@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014321) said:

Who?

I agree mate but the problem is they aren't off contract. If we had a choice, we would be keeping Thompson over Momorovski, Fonua, Mbye, Jennings, Nofolomu and maybe Masters. The problem is these guys are signed for another 1-2 years each.

If they were all off contract, it would be different. The positive thing is Maguire is really thinking carefully about who he signs, unlike Cleary who just threw a long contract to anyone. Imagine what the guys mentioned above are thinking if Corey just didn't get a contract straight up. They must be thinking they have to lift big time or they'll be shown the door next year.

I would offer Corey a basic contract, but if he wants to look elsewhere, then so be it, theres a lot that we lack and Thompson is good but he is replaceable.

I thought Fonua was off contract this year?

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014336) said:

Who?

Wests Tigers players off contract 2019..

Josh Aloiai, Michael Chee-Kam, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Thomas Mikaele, Robbie Rochow, Corey Thompson

Thompson, Rowdy and Aloiai should be extended..

@Geo said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014341) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014336) said:

Who?

Wests Tigers players off contract 2019..

Josh Aloiai, Michael Chee-Kam, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Thomas Mikaele, Robbie Rochow, Corey Thompson

Thompson, Rowdy and Aloiai should be extended..

Rowdy wouldn't even come under the cap.

Back