For sure I agree....I meant in the near future

C'mon the spelling police are slipping

MIKAELE

@happy_tiger my intention was to spell it like that... finger slipped haha

@Madge said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1014370) said:
@happy_tiger my intention was to spell it like that... finger slipped haha

Madge that wasn't aimed at you

Aimed at the one who corrects everyone in regards to Momirovski

Don't fret peeps this is just part of the negotiation process.

If you think about it, funny that a respectable but definitely non-elite player, who isn't truly guaranteed a FG spot every week, gets in the paper for his next contract negotiation. He's also 29 not some emerging 21 y.o. talent.

Sure every club would love a Corey Thompson-type player who just turns up every week and doesn't command much salary cap. But if that same player is talking to the media about his contract situation, well obviously he's trying to command a bit more salary cap than he used to.

And if so, then rightly he becomes a different cost-benefit proposition. You don't need to rush into re-signing a guy like Corey Thompson.

Personally I like the guy a lot, for all the reasons people have said. But you also have to ask yourself is he a key pillar in a tilt for the title? Most teams carry a Fitzhenry-type somewhere in the roster, but we'd also replace Corey if a bigger and faster winger was reasonably available.

All being said however, I would not be surprised at all if a 2-year deal is worked out soon enough. No inside goss, just how it looks from the outside and similar to how it played out when we extended him last year.

could be tigers are holding out for zelezniak to see where he's going.....

![61064112_2326360960984890_4131955132290039808_n.png](/assets/uploads/files/1558822685203-61064112_2326360960984890_4131955132290039808_n.png)

Pound for pound, he’s one of the best players running around.

To me we need to evaluate how we use him.

He is far more effective at fullback where he has open space and the field to play in front of him, where he can use his footwork and pace off the mark. On the wing he is restricted by angles and finishing. On the wing he is and most wingers are just really used for hit ups from our end and finishing off backline moves (which is rare). If we use him as a winger, we need to have him floating more (Maybe swap with Mbye for 20 minutes or so?), similarly to how the broncos use Oates

@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1015513) said:
He is far more effective at fullback where he has open space and the field to play in front of him, where he can use his footwork and pace off the mark. On the wing he is restricted by angles and finishing. On the wing he is and most wingers are just really used for hit ups from our end and finishing off backline moves (which is rare). If we use him as a winger, we need to have him floating more (Maybe swap with Mbye for 20 minutes or so?), similarly to how the broncos use Oates

He played better than Mbye has most of the year in his first go there. Do you keep him at fullback ? On the wing he has been our best outside back all year.

@Geo said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1015507) said:
![61064112_2326360960984890_4131955132290039808_n.png](/assets/uploads/files/1558822685203-61064112_2326360960984890_4131955132290039808_n.png)

And yet the bloke earning around 400 k more is captain and first choice fullback🤔

Anyone remember when Beau Ryan left us? We went from 3rd to about 15th on the ladder.
Why?

Beau was a good bloke, probably spent too much time on the footy show, a decent winger no superstar.
Yet he helped the backline GEL

Our backline needs to GEL.
Watch SOO, why does Queensland win. In part because they pick from 3-4 clubs where NSW picks from 8-12. You need people familiar with working with each other, who trust each other in defense and know when they can handle a player and when they need to come in.

Corey is a good player, worth 300-400k. Yet he has GELLED in our backline. We should not move Jennings, Thompson, Marsters and Fonua at all. They should be locked down and bedded in their positions. Every change to the backline means people don't know how their new teammate will move. Now change it occasionally, let people earn their stripes and bring someone in once in a while.

There are better guys out there, Keep Corey. No change.
Why did we hire Mbye :( NO he should not be 5/8, see Canterbury for last 4-5 seasons.).

How good would it be to see Thompson wearing a QLD jumper this year? It won't happen, but he deserves it more than anyone else.

@crazycat said in [Corey Thompson](/post/1015535) said:
Anyone remember when Beau Ryan left us? We went from 3rd to about 15th on the ladder.
Why?

Beau was a good bloke, probably spent too much time on the footy show, a decent winger no superstar.
Yet he helped the backline GEL

Our backline needs to GEL.
Watch SOO, why does Queensland win. In part because they pick from 3-4 clubs where NSW picks from 8-12. You need people familiar with working with each other, who trust each other in defense and know when they can handle a player and when they need to come in.

Corey is a good player, worth 300-400k. Yet he has GELLED in our backline. We should not move Jennings, Thompson, Marsters and Fonua at all. They should be locked down and bedded in their positions. Every change to the backline means people don't know how their new teammate will move. Now change it occasionally, let people earn their stripes and bring someone in once in a while.

There are better guys out there, Keep Corey. No change.
Why did we hire Mbye :( NO he should not be 5/8, see Canterbury for last 4-5 seasons.).

Qld have a limited base to pick from

You blokes in some positions have multiple choices

Sounds crazy back it makes it far easier and you end building combos through SOO

And we have more spirit and desire ....

I for one think Thompson should be given a chance at FB as he even said after the game he was excited to get his hands on the ball more.. He just makes the opposition have to think twice and not rush up on him and that's a great thing to have. However where do you put Mbye (Your Capt, High paying player, etc... ) Not in the halves as i think they are going great so i think give him a centre position. He needs to be there somewhere and should help with the defense on his side. Need to Sign Thompson before we lose him for nothing

I think people are not reading what madge is saying in inteviews. My take is mybe is a key figure for pur defensive talk and structure and the reason our defense is solid.
By mentioning that after the praise for 'little' thommo i think he is explaining why it wont change. Also the little comment is a key i think. From previous teams madge has had decent size hard running wingers.

This is not criticising thommo i love him and hope he stays for a while but that seems to be the vibe i get from madge.

While i love what Corey did on the weekend and he has definite strengths including running and under the high ball where Mbye beats him is organising the defence, setting up plays - Thommo us a running fullback not a ball playing one and also Mbye has years left whereas Thommo is 29 already.

When we look at our backline for next year they have Jennings, Nofa, Mbye, Dylan Smith, Kane Bradley and then 1 of Fonua, Thommo or a new signing which is means he is fighting for 1 spot. Imo he should get that spot but Madge has options and has to see where his cap is best spent so csnt overpay for a winger

Back