Could Joey help

liltiger

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts, I may be wrong but I imagine having kimmorley as our Toyota cup coach would also mean he is our halves coach as well, maybe not I'm not 100 percent on that, but I never understood why Taylor didn't approach Andrew johns to coach our halves one on one he's the best halves coach going around he's worked wonders with so many halves in the comp. I know it won't fix the bigger problems the team has but it would be a way to give brooks and Moses every opportunity to kick on with their nrl careers and help make them better players. It would also elevate some of the risk the club has taken with our youth policy by giving our long term future halves pairing top one on one coaching. What do you guys think ?

Maybe, for mine, they are playing very 1 dimensionally for the most part. When Moses ran and took on the line, things happened, same with Brooks. The catch and pass is too slow and is not creating much.

Adding to that, there's no creativity up the middle, barge up, barge up, barge up, no 2nd phase. We aren't asking too many questions of the defense. Mind you, I think the lack of policing of the 10 metres isn't helping with the side's learning curve. Can't remember the last time a penalty was given for offside.

Still, would Joey offer anything to our halves? Yeah I think so, would he do it though? I doubt it.

@liltiger said:
Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts, I may be wrong but I imagine having kimmorley as our Toyota cup coach would also mean he is our halves coach as well, maybe not I'm not 100 percent on that, but I never understood why Taylor didn't approach Andrew johns to coach our halves one on one he's the best halves coach going around he's worked wonders with so many halves in the comp. I know it won't fix the bigger problems the team has but it would be a way to give brooks and Moses every opportunity to kick on with their nrl careers and help make them better players. It would also elevate some of the risk the club has taken with our youth policy by giving our long term future halves pairing top one on one coaching. What do you guys think ?

if I remember correctly I don't think these two get on. Johns used to sledge Taylor about his lack of talent. So bad was the relationship was that when Johns broke Taylor's club point scoring record, in a match which the Knights lost, Johns didn't turn up to the presentation. Things like that and his drug problems was why I was disappointed he was made an immortal ahead of Lockyer.

@overseastigersfan said:
@liltiger said:

if I remember correctly I don't think these two get on. Johns used to sledge Taylor about his lack of talent. So bad was the relationship was that when Johns broke Taylor's club point scoring record, in a match which the Knights lost, Johns didn't turn up to the presentation. Things like that and his drug problems was why I was disappointed he was made an immortal ahead of Lockyer.

I had no clue they had a troubled history Joey and Taylor. No wonder Joey never got a call it's like Elias calling sheens for the coaching gig in 03 it's the call you don't want to make but have to I guess.

Back