Cricket Season Thread

@pascoes_barber said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508627) said:
@gnr4life said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508266) said:
I’d be surprised if Warmer sees out the series. He’s on his last legs.

I do wonder when he'll retire from the long format, and could it be after this series? He's looking pretty fit at the moment. The following test series is in Pakistan.

I can see him either having an absolute belter or a repeat of the last Ashes; doesn't seem to be any room in the middle.

Hopefully Pucovski figures out his short ball (and concussion problems) soon.

All the Poms have to do is pick Broad. He’s Broad’s favourite bunny rabbit

@gnr4life said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508629) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508627) said:
@gnr4life said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508266) said:
I’d be surprised if Warmer sees out the series. He’s on his last legs.

I do wonder when he'll retire from the long format, and could it be after this series? He's looking pretty fit at the moment. The following test series is in Pakistan.

I can see him either having an absolute belter or a repeat of the last Ashes; doesn't seem to be any room in the middle.

Hopefully Pucovski figures out his short ball (and concussion problems) soon.

All the Poms have to do is pick Broad. He’s Broad’s favourite bunny rabbit

I'd like to think (hope?) he's spending many hours in the nets facing right arm round the wicket pace bowling.

@geo said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508420) said:
Steve Waugh endorsed Cummins… good enough tot me

So did Dennis Lillee.
Waugh & Lillee are Australian cricket royalty

Next tier down would be Sir Doug Walters, Sir Merv & Sir Jeff Thomson

Seems a bit OTT, this whole Paine thing. He was mutually sexting a colleague, albeit while being a married man. Two adults with consent participated in it, Am I missing something or is it because I only read half a story?

The most surprising part is that it was kept in-house for 3 years. Whoever kept this information air tight, must be commended! They deserve a seat on the WT Board!!

@tig_prmz said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508645) said:
Seems a bit OTT, this whole Paine thing. He was mutually sexting a colleague, albeit while being a married man. Two adults with consent participated in it, Am I missing something or is it because I only read half a story?

The most surprising part is that it was kept in-house for 3 years. Whoever kept this information air tight, must be commended! They deserve a seat on the WT Board!!

Unless there's more too it, it does appear to mostly be about optics.

He did the right thing for the squad, as the media would be relentless had he not quickly stepped down.

Regarding the sledging opportunities I'd imagine there are a number of players who'll be avoiding the topic like the plague and hoping that their own past private life 'stuff' doesn't come back to bite them in the same fashion.

Went to a BBQ yesterday. On guy (Pom) had a Barmy Army song on his phone already about Tim Paine, it was very funny. If he plays, he is going to cop heaps.

@tigerwould said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508648) said:
Went to a BBQ yesterday. On guy (Pom) had a Barmy Army song on his phone already about Tim Paine, it was very funny. If he plays, he is going to cop heaps.

Please share a snippet!

@tig_prmz said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508669) said:
@tigerwould said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508648) said:

Please share a snippet!

He just showed me on his phone. It was to the tune of “my father is a dustman”. Had a funny line about Warnie in there. I haven’t been about to find it online yet.

Perth loses 5th test. I hope it goes to Hobart.

2 days until the first test, can’t wait. Always feels like the true start of summer once the tests start.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1515182) said:

2 days until the first test, can’t wait. Always feels like the true start of summer once the tests start.

I wonder how many days of cricket get played this summer…
Might have been better off playing the whole series in the west

Dizzy told WA to get effed.... Good on im

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/ashes-2021-22-saca-coach-jason-gillespie-shoots-down-wa-governments-bid-to-steal-second-test/ckwu0u37900240jt904o5c1gs

@tucker said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1515191) said:

They’ll get 5 tests in. Just need to have the right windows of rain

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1515198) said:
@tucker said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1515191) said:

They’ll get 5 tests in. Just need to have the right windows of rain

Hope so. It could easily involve quite a few washouts.

Great first session. Hopefully Australia can roll them in the next session and get to stumps almost on par. England have looked very shaky out there

@cultured_bogan said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1515639) said:
As if you'd choose to bat first on that.

Any greener and you'd be putting on it.

That was my thoughts as well. Nice green top - i’ll have a bowl thanks.

Back