Cricket Season Thread

Cummins' statement proves what a gutless move it is. Since when do players get such a big say in who should be coach? I really feel for Langer.. it's a stupid move.

Cummins' statement proves what a gutless move it is. Since when do players get such a big say in who should be coach? I really feel for Langer.. it's a stupid move.
Unlike footy, It’s not long ago that there wasn’t coaches in cricket. There used to just be a touring manger and the captain had most of the responsibility.
I think from memory Australia were the first to bring in a coach in the 80’s because we had very inexperienced team (after Chappell‘s, Marsh, Lilley all retired & the rebel tour of SA was on). AB didn’t want to be captain . Cricket Aust had to sway him to captain the team and got in Simpson to be a coach.
Could be wrong, but that how i remember it.

Wondering if Smith can do something tonight. Inglis going good.
How awesome does the SCG and members grandstand look under lights

Wondering if Smith can do something tonight. Inglis going good.
How awesome does the SCG and members grandstand look under lights
SCG is my favourite cricket crowd with the old stands. I’ve been to Lords and the MCG and still love watching the cricket looking over the members stand and the city more than anywhere else. When the kids get bigger want to take my old man on a tour of the West Indies for a test series

SCG is my favourite cricket crowd with the old stands. I’ve been to Lords and the MCG and still love watching the cricket looking over the members stand and the city more than anywhere else. When the kids get bigger want to take my old man on a tour of the West Indies for a test series
Man I'm so jealous, if you next tell me you've also been to the Royal Ancient St Andrews I'll slash my wrists 🤣
I was just about to say in my last post that Maxwell is going to carve up and then he gets out. Big hitting Stoinis maybe.

Man I'm so jealous, if you next tell me you've also been to the Royal Ancient St Andrews I'll slash my wrists 🤣
I was just about to say in my last post that Maxwell is going to carve up and then he gets out. Big hitting Stoinis maybe.
I’m not a golf fan so didn’t play around but yes stopped in for a walk of a couple of holes at St Andrews before being chased away. Please don’t slash your wrists.

Stonis has been poor this season imo

I’m not a golf fan so didn’t play around but yes stopped in for a walk of a couple of holes at St Andrews before being chased away. Please don’t slash your wrists.

Stonis has been poor this season imo
Blood all over the remote 🤣 18 overs and no sixes, disgraceful, smith and stoinis look clunky, and just as I'm texting Smith gets out.
The innings was stuffed when Maxi got out.
Now Wade out before I could hit the post button.
Any slower texting we would be all out. 😁

Has anyone else been watching this test between NZ and SA?

South Africa are 5 down and still 341 behind in the second innings to make NZ bat again.

Absolutely destroying them

Staff online

Back