Cricket Season Thread

@Cultured Bogan said:
It's been refreshing to see Amla bounce back. I quite enjoy watching him when he is batting well.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Watching Amla and AB bat together is something. A throwback to the days where technique trumped slugging.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Clarke reckons if he was in the same position as the Saffa's are in at the moment he would have declared by now…sure he would,what a load of crap. SA have their foot on the Aussies' necks at the moment, stomp on it and grind them into the ground. Don't give a maggot an even break.

@Fade To Black said:
Clarke reckons if he was in the same position as the Saffa's are in at the moment he would have declared by now…sure he would,what a load of crap. SA have their foot on the Aussies' necks at the moment, stomp on it and grind them into the ground. Don't give a maggot an even break.

Usually yeah, but with the possibility of a washout tomorrow night, i'd bat about 40 mins tops in the first session. Amla gets his century as quick as possible, go bang, crash wallop for a for about half hr then declare.

@Fade To Black said:

I wouldn't leave it out of the question, he has declared early before when there has been the threat of rain on day 5\. In saying that, declaring at this time of the match, on this pitch with only 369 runs on the board. I think it is taking it a bit far if he thinks he'd declare this early if he was captain.

The sensible thing would be to bat until close to lunch and set Australia about 480 in 5 sessions with the threat of rain on the final day.

Nah, they don't need 480, 420 should be enough. They can't spend too much time at the crease.

possibly true gnr, but i think it is just a little early to say so. hes only bowled in one innings after 12 wickets in the first test…
\

@GNR4LIFE said:
First test you mean, on a pitch similar in pace to the Aussie pitches

sorry, dont understand? i said he had only bowled in one innings (now two…) AFTER 12 in the first test?

anyway, he isnt doing any better in the second innings which supports your post.

Good to see our opening batsmen having a dig in this innings and using the pitch.

Nah we'll be right

Johnson will get 120 and Rogers will score 250 and we'll win this with a session to spare

We still can't bat under pressure … First time for ages we've had to tough it out and failed miserably. The top order has been suspect for a while .... This time the middle order couldn't save them.

Shaun Marsh resurrects his test career with a classy century;

![](http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9ae6a7e6f64bbe6949fed8c8911340225373c7f7de4e73b961fb14943610a69f.jpg)

@Glen McWilliams said:
We'll be fine in the third test when Watson is fit.
Oh, hang on a minute.

Glen you'll bruise his ego again and he will miss the next Test

Must admit though his bowling would of been suited to that pitch

Back