Cricket Season Thread

@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
If SA are worth their salt and are really the no 1 test side in the world, there's no way they should be bowled out twice on this wicket.

**We jut need a draw to keep the trophy**.Also if the pitch deteriorates on days 4 and 5 we may be able to bowl them out especially after hopefully being in the field for a long aussie first innings.But i do agree GNR the pitch needs to change.

No we don't, the Saffa's won the last series.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
If SA are worth their salt and are really the no 1 test side in the world, there's no way they should be bowled out twice on this wicket.

**We jut need a draw to keep the trophy**.Also if the pitch deteriorates on days 4 and 5 we may be able to bowl them out especially after hopefully being in the field for a long aussie first innings.But i do agree GNR the pitch needs to change.

No we don't, the Saffa's won the last series.

Yeah my bad you are right.Someone on fox during the week said we were the holders and at the time I thought that was odd but trusted him.Wikipedia has since reminded me that we were on top in test 1 but drew totally dominated test 2 but drew due to faf de plessis bat and we got whipped in the 3rd test at the waca to lose 1-0.So with this being the case Im enjoying the fact we are at 331 after 1st day as we need a lot and quick.

I think this wicket can produce a result, there seems to be a bit more pace in this wicket which I think Johnson and Pattinson can use. Hopefully it dries out a little bit to help Lyon as well. Add to that if we can get 500+ on the board there is the added pressure of scoreboard pressure on the Saffers.
I remember in the 2nd test everyone was saying after SA batted that the pitch is dead, yet the South Africans rolled us in both innings.

The pitch will crack up for sure, its been very hot in Capetown for the past couple of weeks. Great first day by the Aussies although they had their fair share of luck and being a bowler down who just happens to be close to the best bowler in the world helped the Australians.

Close to Warners best ever ton,Clark showed he can tough it out and Smith is getting better and better. If the Aussies get close to 500 they will not loose this game. Big effort after Port Elizabeth.

Ps the Morkel Clark battle was the best test cricket battle I have seen in years, no other form of cricket comes close to test cricket

@supercoach said:
The pitch will crack up for sure, its been very hot in Capetown for the past couple of weeks. Great first day by the Aussies although they had their fair share of luck and being a bowler down **who just happens to be close to the best bowler in the world** helped the Australians.

Close to Warners best ever ton,Clark showed he can tough it out and Smith is getting better and better. If the Aussies get close to 500 they will not loose this game. Big effort after Port Elizabeth.

Ps the Morkel Clark battle was the best test cricket battle I have seen in years, no other form of cricket comes close to test cricket

Close? can you name a better one?

@Peaches said:
Hopefully this rain doesn't affect the possibility of a result…

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

yeh definitely. i look forward to the day all stadia have roofs!!

Amla gone 4-122

De VIlliers now is the big one Huge call possibly for Clarke , if we roll them under the follow on target do we make them follow on

Normally I'd say no , but we have to go for it if we want the series win

I reckon Lehmann will be all or nothing and will say YES

Definitely Happy. We have been the better side this series but that will be forgotten if we don't step on their throats and secure the victory.
Wonder what certain people will whinge about then?

I think he'll enforce it. The bowlers don;t have to backup for another test, doesn;t look too hot and we've got a full bowling attack. and he's shown just how keen he is to win with his declaration this morning.
Will be a very easy decision if we're 260, 270 odd ahead but even if it's close he'll push for a win.

Doesn't matter how good of a batting line up you are, when you're chasing 500 in your first innings you're climbing a mountain

@GNR4LIFE said:
Doesn't matter how good of a batting line up you are, when you're chasing 500 in your first innings you're climbing a mountain

Still can't give the Australians credit can you?

If we roll them today , we could bat for a full session tomorrow and still set them 400 in 5 sessions without enforcing the follow on

@stryker said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Still can't give the Australians credit can you?

Lol wah wah wah

Just enjoy the result big fella, instead of worrying what everyone else thinks

that faf du plessis sure knows how to block a ball… zzzzzzzzzzzz. cant wait for his second innings knock... sorry, block!

Staff online

Back