Cricket Season Thread

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507873) said:
Can’t believe he’s stepping down for that. Stupid. Nothing really in it.

Nothing really in it??
Is his pecker that small?

Agree Warnie did it too (School teacher in london) but you know....he was more talented.

@kiwitiger said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507885) said:

Agree Warnie did it too (School teacher in london) but you know....he was more talented.

Just an excuse to oust him.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507889) said:

Exactly. He was going to be moved on shortly anyway. Interesting who the new captain will be.

@kiwitiger said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507943) said:

Exactly. He was going to be moved on shortly anyway. Interesting who the new captain will be.

Has to be Pat Cummins - you can't have Smith or Warner

@lidcombe_magpie1 said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507950) said:

I think they will go Smith. He’s served his leadership ban. I’d like Cummins but they never go bowlers

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507953) said:

I think they will go Smith. He’s served his leadership ban. I’d like Cummins but they never go bowlers

Yeah, its a shame because I think he would make a good captain and he sees to be well liked by his team mates and the cricket public in Australia

I think Smith is the right choice but I think they will go Cummins. Too scared of "public opinion".

@tiger5150 said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507965) said:

I think Smith is the right choice but I think they will go Cummins. Too scared of "public opinion".

Try will probably go someone like Head who shouldn’t even be in the side

How many Aussie Captains have cried on TV?

G Chappell
K Hughes
S Smith
T Paine

Any more?

I know Steve Waugh was close announcing his retirement but didn't have tears

@kiwitiger said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508041) said:
How many Aussie Captains have cried on TV?

G Chappell
K Hughes
S Smith
T Paine

Any more?

I know Steve Waugh was close announcing his retirement but didn't have tears

Steve Waugh doesn’t strike me as the crying type.

If you go a batsman like is usually the case, there only 2 options, Smith and Labuschagne. Because they are the only 2 batsmen whose spots are secure. And since Smith is still on the nose with some, maybe Labuchagne. Captaincy isn’t suited for fast bowlers. Mainly because they spend all day on the boundary. A captain needs to be in close, with everyone around him. Can’t see a fast bowler shouting encouragement from fine leg all day. They’ll more than likely go Smith again. He’s the only viable option.

@gnr4life said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508043) said:
If you go a batsman like is usually the case, there only 2 options, Smith and Labuschagne. Because they are the only 2 batsmen whose spots are secure. And since Smith is still on the nose with some, maybe Labuchagne. Captaincy isn’t suited for fast bowlers. Mainly because they spend all day on the boundary. A captain needs to be in close, with everyone around him. Can’t see a fast bowler shouting encouragement from fine leg all day. They’ll more than likely go Smith again. He’s the only viable option.

Cummins does normally field closer in than most fast bowlers.

I wonder if you can have a co-captain style thing in cricket.

Cummins makes all the off-field decisions and Smith/Cummins combine to make on-field ones.

I think they will go Cummins just because he seems to be being groomed. I don’t want smith, not because of the scandal - I just don’t think he’s a good captain. My pick would be Warner (which I know will not be popular)

@tiger_steve said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508265) said:

I think they will go Cummins just because he seems to be being groomed. I don’t want smith, not because of the scandal - I just don’t think he’s a good captain. My pick would be Warner (which I know will not be popular)

I’d be surprised if Warmer sees out the series. He’s on his last legs.

@tiger_steve said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508265) said:

Warner would be great but they banned him from leadership for life. Which was a poor decision.

@gnr4life said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1508266) said:
I’d be surprised if Warmer sees out the series. He’s on his last legs.

I do wonder when he'll retire from the long format, and could it be after this series? He's looking pretty fit at the moment. The following test series is in Pakistan.

I can see him either having an absolute belter or a repeat of the last Ashes; doesn't seem to be any room in the middle.

Hopefully Pucovski figures out his short ball (and concussion problems) soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back