Crowd expectations

Juro

Saw this tweet by Grant Meyer this morning:

Ticket sales for Canberra game tracking toward same crowd as Panthers game. With $10 tickets, an affordable, entertaining night out

Pretty sad, considering they have the 4 games on for $10 general admission. If we only get about 10k there, that would be our lowest average at Campbelltown since 2003, when we were averaging 8,802 over 5 games.

2000 13,733
**2001 9,205
2002 9,374
2003 8,802**
2004 13,365
**2005 18,844**
2006 16,174
2007 15,010
2008 13,013
2009 14,988
2010 15,305
2011 15,973
2012 13,663
**2013 10,421**
**Grand Total 12,928**

@Juro said:
Saw this tweet by Grant Meyer this morning:

Ticket sales for Canberra game tracking toward same crowd as Panthers game. With $10 tickets, an affordable, entertaining night out

Pretty sad, considering they have the 4 games on for $10 general admission. If we only get about 10k there, that would be our lowest average at Campbelltown since 2003, when we were averaging 8,802 over 5 games.

2000 13,733
**2001 9,205
2002 9,374
2003 8,802**
2004 13,365
**2005 18,844**
2006 16,174
2007 15,010
2008 13,013
2009 14,988
2010 15,305
2011 15,973
2012 13,663
**2013 10,421**
**Grand Total 12,928**

Lets hope the get out and push the $10 promo.
So far the only place I've seen it is on the weststigers website and the forum.
The really need to get out there and promote it to increase sales.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Ive never had an advert persuade me to head off to a night at the footy.

I doubt many do

I reckon if youre going, youre going, and you know where to find out any details youre unsure of.

Still, tix at those prices might sway the odd random that has nothing to do that night, and Im sure the local media at Cambo will be pushing this

Crowd will be on a par with prior games - poor
Poor form, cold weather, origin next week…all factors = shit crowd

I'd be very suprised if more than 10k showed up. Thatd be a miracle.

Another fixture against Canberra at Ctown is like Groundhog day for a Ctown Westie. Its a waste.

Not big enough to stop all the C-town bashers coming out of their holes

Low numbers but vocal I would hope.

Rebuilding phase all round this year.

The bandwagon will stay home or find a new team, they always do

The real WT fans will get to the game but the bandwagon bunch have prob hopped on the bunnies roosters train.
Small but vocal crowd like LO vs Cows. I predict 9k at the game.

@Rob86a said:
The real WT fans will get to the game but the bandwagon bunch have prob hopped on the bunnies roosters train.

i dont think that many bandwagoners actually switch teams, do they? They just stop going to games if the teams going poorly which is understandable. If you're only slightly into the Tigers and you go to 2 or 3 games a season when they're going well you wont want to go when they're almost spooning.

Well, that's my take anyway. I haven't met many, if any, people that actually just hop around from team to team.

@innsaneink said:
Ive never had an advert persuade me to head off to a night at the footy.

I doubt many do

I reckon if youre going, youre going, and you know where to find out any details youre unsure of.

Still, tix at those prices might sway the odd random that has nothing to do that night, and Im sure the local media at Cambo will be pushing this

Crowd will be on a par with prior games - poor
Poor form, cold weather, origin next week…all factors = shit crowd

I know what your saying Ink, but its not the members that need the media to pull them in. We've already got our tickets. I have have Tigers fans at work who were surprised when I told them about the $10 deal.
They follow the Tigers but don't go online to find out this sort of info.

@pHyR3 said:
@Rob86a said:

i dont think that many bandwagoners actually switch teams, do they? **They just stop going to games if the teams going poorly which is understandable. If you're only slightly into the Tigers and you go to 2 or 3 games a season when they're going well you wont want to go when they're almost spooning.**

Well, that's my take anyway. I haven't met many, if any, people that actually just hop around from team to team.

Thats the nature of sport. There isn't a team in any code in the country that won't attract higher numbers when they are winning and we're no exception.

I'm not expecting 9k or 10k, the real fans will turn up but the others won't turn up cause we are not going well and it's gonna be cold as well which doesn't help but you would hope that some people would take up the $10 deal to boost crowd numbers but, I guess we will see

If Benji announces his extension and upgrade tomorrow should be a packed stadium.Yeah I know sarcasm isn't nice!!!

Weather mob is predicting showers as well, can't take a trick.

I suspect the bulk of the crowd expect a win whether that happens or not is up to the team that shows up on the night. I dont get to Sydney often, but my son and I have a standing arrangement if our teams are playing each other then we make the effort to get to the game live if its at the right times. So far out of the six games we have attended together at Cambo, Leichardt and Canberra Stadium he has seen one win for the Raiders and 5 for the Tigers. I am hoping that trend continues again Saturday fingers crossed.

I'm not able to make many games as I usually have sporting commitments or I'm out with my mates doing something but I'm going to try and make it to this game.

We aren't in great form but being a supporter means you make the games you can. Here's hoping we have a strong performance. I haven't been to too many victories at Campbelltown.

Anything above 7k will be ok on a night like this for a team like this against a team like that. 10k would be brilliant.

Poor fans at the ground should get one dollar refunded for everytime benji kicks the ball out on the full (or fails to on a penalty), for every pass thrown into the stands, and for each grubber that he aimless sprays into the hands of the opposition and for each bomb that goes backwards.

Back